Joining a gym can be a fantastic way to get fit, but it’s not the only way. You can enjoy a variety of workouts at home or outside that will give you the same great results and put a smile on your face at the same time!
- Top Post Today: Exposed: Jude Okoye’s wife, Ify has slept with so many rich men? (Photos)
- Photo: See how this pretty girl exposed her b00bs & body so cheaply! This is so bad! (Must See)
- Ex wife of Fela Kuti reveals dirty secrets about Fela – says she wants the world to know the truth! (Must See)
- Photos of Tonto Dikeh “doing things” in bed with a guy gets uploaded on the internet (Look)
- Revealed: Real Madrid starting XI next season! – Is this the best team ever? (Look)
Here are 10 fun ways to get fit without a gym:
Create your own bootcamp
Bootcamp-style workouts are a lot of fun. Who doesn’t love a challenge? You can create your own by doing strength and cardio exercises at home or outside at a park—all you need is a good pair of sneakers!
Try this circuit: jumping jacks, lunges, high knees, push-ups, triceps dips (off a bench or curb), and sit-ups. Do each exercise for 60 to 90 seconds; rest in between exercises as needed. Repeat the whole thing two or three times.
Join a team
Sometimes dragging yourself to the gym can be, well, a drag. How about signing up for an adult sports league? Sports quite literally make a game out of working out, so you’ll get your heart rate up, burn calories, and have a good time doing it.
If you already missed the chance to sign up for a team, offer to be an alternate. When the season gets going and schedules get busy, teams often need extra players, so you’ll be the first person they call.
Take a walking tour of your city
Walking is an easy way to stay in shape because it requires only a pair of supportive shoes and it’s something you can do pretty much anywhere.
A fun way to spice up your workout is by signing up for a walking tour of your city or nearby historic area. You can learn something new while fitting in a workout!
Sign up for an obstacle-course race
Obstacle races, such as Rugged Maniac and Warrior Dash, are becoming ever more popular because they combine fitness with fun and adventure.
Participants climb over walls, crawl through mud under barbed wire, navigate water pits, and even jump over fire. Let’s just say, it’s an exciting way to work out!
Take a hike
Hiking is a great way to get your heart pumping while enjoying some fresh air in the great outdoors.
Grab some friends, lace up your sneakers, and get your hike on! The scenery and feeling of accomplishment after your hike are so much better than an afternoon at the gym.
Try a track workout
Running burns more calories than almost any other cardio activity, but it can be boring on a treadmill or along the same old neighborhood route. A great way to keep your running workouts exciting is heading to a nearby track.
Changing up your speed challenges your body so you burn more calories—and it keeps the workout interesting. I like the workouts fromNo Meat Athlete.
Take advantage of online discounts
Online group buys, like Groupon, Eversave, BuyWithMe, and LivingSocial, often offer great deals on fitness activities, such as yoga classes, rock climbing, and even sailing lessons. Taking advantage of these deals is a great way to try something new and keep your workouts exciting!
Turn chores into the workout
Tackling your chores and burning calories at the same time? Talk about killing two birds with one stone!
The key to turning your cleaning activities into a workout is focusing on the ones that have the highest calorie burn, like scrubbing the tub or vacuuming. To get yourself in the right mindset, throw on your sneakers and put on some upbeat music. If you want a real challenge, do some push-ups or squats every time a new song starts to play.
Offer your services
Volunteering for a community-service project, such as building a home with Habitat for Humanity or cleaning up a park or other green space, is a great way to add some activity to your day while improving your community at the same time.
If you spend the whole day moving around, it definitely counts as a workout!
Practice yoga at home
One of the best things about yoga is that you need only your body and a mat to do it. There are tons of online yoga workouts that demonstrate the poses, so you can try pretty much any kind of yoga without leaving the comfort of your own home.
My favorite online yoga workouts come from Yoga Download and Yogis Anonymous.
Subscribe to our BBM Channel (C001B7774 or search for ’411Vibes’) to get live updates.
CLICK HERE to follow us on Google+ so as to get updates on published posts & videos
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Omg!! Ritualists cut off girl’s breast while alive – See how she looks now! (See Photo)
- OMG!! Why should a woman do this to herself? (Must See Photo)
- Photo Of The Day: Pics of the Kardashians before plastic surgery (Must See)
- Exposed: Jude Okoye’s wife, Ify has slept with so many rich men? (Photos)
- This photo of Khloe Kardashian and sister’s husband, Scott Disick bathing together is causing problems! (Look)
- The ten cheapest cities in Nigeria to live in (Look)
- Mother and daughter fight over boyfriend after mother was caught having $ex with him in Warri (Look)
- Angered Davido finally speaks about his graduation from Babcock Uni – See what he said!
- Miley Cyrus st*ips down in hot new photo (Look)
- Check Out Mikel Obi’s father and younger brother – So much resemblance (Look)
- See the modern day Sodom and Gomorah where crazy things happen (Photos)
- Revealed: See what Wizkid did with Rihanna when he was in LA! (Look)
- Check out before and after pics of KCee – Money is good oh! (See Photos)
- Exposed: Jude Okoye caught cheating on his wife? .. (Pics)
- Top Post Today: See the modern day Sodom and Gomorah where crazy things happen (Photos)
- Top Post Today: How to know when a girl wants to have $ex with you (Must See)
- Chris Okotie and his N400 million worth of cars
- Video: Omg!! Female university student goes mad & str1ps after sleeping with sugar daddy
- Nigerian girl goes WILD at a night party with a man [Video]
- Jay Z and Beyonce headed for divorce confirmed!
- See these popular American celebrities who you didn’t know were Yorubas [Photos]
- Revealed: See how Beyonce humiliates Jay Z (Look)
- Fans criticise Tonto Dikeh but this time not cos of her music… (See Why)
- See the Kardashians before plastic surgery (Must See Pic)
- How To Know When A Woman Is $exually Attracted To You (LOOK)
- How to know if your husband or boyfriend had $ex while you were away (Must Read)
- Girl exposes married Jude Okoye and the secret women he is having $ex with (Look)
- OMG!! Deadly cobras protect sleeping “human baby” – (Unbelievable Photo & Video)
- Meet 112 year old man who married 17 Year old girl (Photo)
- See Hidden facts you never knew about Olamide, Wizkid, Omotola and other big Nigerian celebrities!