Nigerian TV personality Adora Oleh is almost unrecognizable in this fierce look for Blanck Digital Magazine‘s new issue. Adora fronts the first of the four covers.
Adora who is seen with a Cleopatra-inspired hairstyle, flaunts her bod in a strapless black-and-white stripped swimsuit.
The serial entrepreneur and host of “The Adora Oleh Show” speaks to the publication on the skin lightening debate in the entertainment scene, her future aspirations and of course, fashion.
- See the beautiful girl who was born without a vag1na (Photo)
- Top Post Today: Brother and Sister Caught Having S£x On Church Property (PICTURED)
- Woman Kills Leopard with a Spade after Hour-long Fight (Photos)
- Tiwa Savage steps out without panties or bra (See Photos)
- Dencia Flaunts her Gigantic B00bs While on Shopping with her Grandma
On her lowest point so far: “I try as much as possible to stay positive about most things, which is always easier said than done especially when faced with a major challenge.
Working in my chosen industry and getting where I have is a real blessing for me, so I’m definitely experiencing a lot of highs, which is great; But during the start of my work in Nigeria, there was a definite transitional period that I went through; but anything that doesn’t break you will male you.
Also, because I always knew that I wanted to work for myself and produce my own TV show under my own production company, I mentally prepared myself.
I knew, even before starting out it was not going to be easy, there were definite challenges along the way at every stage, but I think they are necessary to keep me humble, so I can value the good times and keep me appreciating what I’ve got.”
On if she thinks fashion is overrated: Humm…yes and no. I think haute couture fashion can be overrated at times, but as a self confessed fashion fan, fashion is fabulous and always will be to me.”
On if her lighter skin has given her an edge in the media world: No, absolutely not, there are certain attributes and qualities that will help you get ahead in this business, but skin colour is not one of them. Being in television, it’s important to take care of yourself in terms of grooming, but at the end of the day, it’s all about your personality that is what sells you.
On if she would have “improved” her skin, if she were born dark skinned: “It’s interesting you say “improve it”, because it implies that being darker skinned is not perfect within itself. If I were darker skinned, I feel there would be nothing to improve; my personality, drive, ambition and goals would still be the same. Being born and raised in England during the “real” supermodel era, dark skinned supermodels were the epitome of beauty and glamour, all my friends and I wanted to be Naomi Campbell.
On what she thinks of those who lighten their skin: “I don’t want to judge anyone, the last time I checked I was still a human being; I have concerns and issues just like everyone else. Life is short, I say live and let live.
On the on-going colour debate in the entertainment scene: “As a race, we haven’t overcome our issues with the light-skin vs. dark skin mentality, so the debates and stereotypes will continue. As a community, we need to stop criticising our own and stop making assumptions on what we think is fact based on someone’s position and complexion or skin tone. We have a bad case of Colourism in our society that will only do more harm than good to the younger generations coming up behind us.”
Also in the issue is an inspiring campaign on skin colour and race themed “My Colour Is Beautiful” featuring models from 8 racial groups around the world with their unique skin tones and flawless beauty.
The essence is to further drive home the message that real beauty is skin deep and happiness can only come from knowing that we all the same but uniquely different.
Subscribe to our BBM Channel (C001B7774 or search for “411Vibes”) to get live updates.
CLICK HERE to follow us on Google+ so as to get updates on published posts & videos
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- She’s got bigger assets than Toolz [See Photo]
- How Omawumi’s boobs popped out on stage (Look)
- Revealed: President Jonathan has links with Boko Haram (Must See)
- Brother And Sister Caught Having S£x On Church Property (PICTURED)
- How Nigerian Government is fooling Nigerians regarding Ebola virus & people infected (Look)
- UEFA Champions League Group Stage Announced (View Groups)
- Nu d£ pics of popular Nigerian actress resurfaces online to hunt her! (See Pics)
- Unilag girls post their nak £d and L£s b1an pics online
- Married woman caught in the act with her gateman (Look)
- Photo: Tiwa Savage steps out without panties nor bra (Look)
- Popular marriage breakups in Nollywood & How they happened
- Maheeda goes wet and totally na k£d in kitchen – showing all her parts (See Photos)
- This beautiful Nollywood actress says she can sleep with producers (See Photos)
- See what Saidi Balogun said about his ex wife, Fathia (Look)
- See how this big girl completely exposed her body (See Photos)
- See the pretty Ghanaian female student who posted her nud£ pics online to be famous (See Pics)
- OMG!! Rihanna caught F1ng£r-1ng herself in new pics (See Photos)
- Popular politician daughter’s $ex tap£ leaks online (Photos)
- Female teacher mistakenly sends Na k£d selfies to her students as notes (Photo)
- Photo: Flavour expecting a child with beauty queen (Look)
- Anita Joseph Display Her Enormous B00bs in New bathroom Photo
- Queen Latifah caught “doing things” with her $exy L£sbian girlfriend (See Photos)
- Photos: Meet the teenager with the longest neck in the world
- See the new map of Nigeria and the new states added to Nigeria (Look)
- Nadia Buari shares pics of her new boyfriend as she dumps Jim Iyke (See Photos)
- See the popular Nollywood actress that never had $ex till she married (Photos)
- THE GIRL WITH NO VAG1NA: This Teenage Girl Can’t Have S£X [SEE PHOTO]
- Actress/Singer Vilara dispaly her assets in new Promo Photos
- Ghana’s foreign minister, Hannah Tetteh’s son $extape with Legon University VC’s daughter sextape leaks (Look)
- Miley Cyrus goes Fully Nak1d for V Magazine’s “Rebel Issue”
- Woman Allows nu d£ Pastor To Pray For Her Daughters Without Their Clothes On (LOOK)
- Nollywood actress, Ebube Nwagbo busted in Le$bian act with another girl (See Photo)
- Wizkid throws another diss at davido