As we all know, weddings are a very big part of the Nigerian culture.
The union of a man and a woman both traditionally and with a white ceremony, is often an occasion not to be missed.
- Top Post Today: 11 Sensitive Spots To Touch A Woman For Intense Pleasure (£xpli’c1t Content)
- 5 Warning Signs That Your Girlfriend Is About To Leave You & How To Stop Her From Leaving You! (MUST READ)
- For Men: 9 Tips To Last Longer In Bed Without Pills (£xpl1’cit Content)
- Female Student Caught Performing Live Internet $£x Show At University Library (LOOK)
- Guys!! That ‘ONE’ $£x Position That Is The Secret To Her Orgasm (MUST WATCH)
Leading American business magazine and publication Forbes has published an article titled – “How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2 Million On Their Dream Wedding“.
Funke Bucknor of Zapphaire Events: “Our core clientèle is mainly made up by millionaires. They will not hesitate to spend the money in order to get what they want. If they need to fly in an artist from America, or a decorator from Dubai or London, they will do so.
Cause one wedding alone just doesn’t cut it. First there is the traditional wedding – the only wedding recognized by the family – followed by the white wedding, which is similar to that which we know in the West. As for the latter, the destination wedding is all the rage. Dubai and London are the most popular destinations, followed by Cape Town, Seychelles and the Maldives. Florence in currently growing in popularity.”
Elohor Aisien of Privé Luxury: “Nigerians love champagne, so the most money will be spent on drinks as well as food. On Nigerian weddings there’s food from 2pm till midnight. Old money Nigerians may keep things more subtle, new money Nigerians are more concerned with letting people know that they’ve arrived. Magnums of Dom Pérignon will often be their drink of choice. In a way it’s become this competition amongst brides. They’ll ask me: ‘How many bottles did she have? I need more.
I did the wedding of Reukayat Indimi, who comes from a royal Nigerian family, which hails from the north of the country. According to northern tradition, the bride can’t leave the house during the month leading up to the wedding. Since the bride didn’t have her wedding dress yet, I flew into London with a model who fitted several dresses for her. Elie Saab is a popular choice of wedding dress amongst Nigerians, whereas most grooms I work with want a Tom Ford total look. Vera Wang is also very much in demand, since it fits well on the Nigerian body type.”
Weruche Majekodunmi of Newton & David: “I appreciate them spending this money, cause without these weddings I don’t know where the Nigerian economy would be. The weddings keep our economy going. Normally the rich Nigerians will spend their money abroad, whenever they go shopping. Thanks to the wedding industry the money is being invested back into our economy. Jobs of caterers, tailors, carpenters and upholsterers are being sustained. Prior to these major weddings, the profession of make-up artist wasn’t even considered a full-time job.
Up to fifteen years ago, some weddings wouldn’t even have a table cloth on the tables and they wouldn’t have any flowers except for the bridal bouquet. Nowadays Nigerian weddings will feature expensive flowers from France, silk table cloth and lots of crystal. A lot of the elite Nigerian kids have been educated abroad, so they’re used to the international standard when it comes to detail. They’ve become accustomed to a certain standard, so to import something isn’t unusual to them” the décor specialist slash wedding planner explains. Currently trending amongst the international kids is the flower wall, which surged in popularity after Kim Kardashian’s marriage to Kanye West.
It has happened three times in the last five years that I’ve organized a wedding that cost over $2 million. They spent the most on food, Cristal champagne, entertainment and gifts to their guests. At one wedding all the invitees got their wedding outfit with their invitation. At another wedding they handed out microwave ovens, smart phones and rice cookers, to all of their guests. At some other weddings they’ll fly in their guests and arrange their accommodation in case they decide to get married overseas. You must understand, that our reasoning is different from that in the West.”
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- This Girl Was Having Fun Twerking Her Thunderious ‘UKWU’ Until The Unexpecteed Happened (MUST WATCH)
- OMG!! SEE How Kim & Khloe Kardashian Puts Their ‘Big Butt’ On Display Rocking This Tight Outfits (PHOTOS)
- Chelsea Star, Oscar Causes Internet Storm With Photo Of Him Grabbing ‘TWO WOMEN’S BUTT’ (LOOK)
- OMG!! This Nollywood Actress Got The ‘BIGGEST BUM BUM’ I’ve Ever SEEN All My Life (LOOK)
- 11 Sensitive Spots To Touch A Woman For Intense Pleasure (£xpli’c1t Content)
- Couple Caught Doing Bad Things In The Car On Roadside Caused Massive Traffic Jam (PHOTOS)
- Another Leaked Amber Rose Na ‘k£d Photo Goes Viral Again! [Look] Rated 18+
- Boko Haram Cuts Off Hands Off Two Men Accuse Of Stealing (Video)
- S£x Tape Of English Teacher Having S£x With Teenage Student Goes Viral
- A Woman Details The Adventurous Experience She Had With WizKid
- Exposed: Club in Port Harcourt where girls take off clo’th£s to entertain guys (Video)
- OMG! SEE The Beautiful Thing Tonto Dikeh Did To Express How Much She Loves Herself (LOOK)
- Footballer Sticks His Finger Up Opponent’s BUTT In Bizarre Mid-Game Challenge (DISTURBING PHOTO)
- Amber Rose Denies Rumor Of Her Having An Affair With Chris Brown – SEE What She Said!
- Couple Caught Having S£x Inside A Bank ATM Room (Photo +
- Full Video of Sheillah and Nhlanhla having S£x in #BBAHotShots
- Ladies! 12 Tips To Help You Master That ‘BEDROOM MOVE’ Every Man Craves For (£xplicit Content)
- Africa’s Queen Of B00ty Shows Of Her Best Friend.. Who’s Got Bigger Butt? (SEE PHOTOS)
- Yvonne Nelson Wants You To Meet Her New Boo (LOOK)
- Cristiano Ronaldo Unveils ‘ Well Endowed’ Statue Of Himself (PHOTOS)