Four members of the same family– a father, mother and their two kids– have been crushed to death by a truck laden with bags of rice.
- Top Post Today: 11 Sensitive Spots To Touch A Woman For Intense Pleasure (£xpli’c1t Content)
- 5 Warning Signs That Your Girlfriend Is About To Leave You & How To Stop Her From Leaving You! (MUST READ)
- For Men: 9 Tips To Last Longer In Bed Without Pills (£xpl1’cit Content)
- Female Student Caught Performing Live Internet $£x Show At University Library (LOOK)
- Guys!! That ‘ONE’ $£x Position That Is The Secret To Her Orgasm (MUST WATCH)
The accident was said to have happened along the Iwo-Ibadan Road in Osun State.
A passenger in a commercial bus, who witnessed the accident, told our correspondent in Osogbo on Sunday that Mr. and Mrs. Olumide Bankole; their children, Sharon and Shama, were crushed to death by the truck which lost control in an attempt to avoid running into a queue of vehicles on the road due to a police checkpoint.
The eyewitness, who identified himself as Leke Okunola, said rescuers at the scene learnt that the family was traveling from Ogbomoso in Oyo State to Ibadan when the accident occurred around Odo Oba River on Christmas Eve.
He said the car in which the Bankoles were travelling was coming from Iwo and heading towards Ibadan, while the truck was coming from Ibadan.
The eyewitness blamed the accident on the police checkpoint, saying if the road block was not there, the accident would have been avoided.
Okunola said, “The car in which the victims were travelling was coming from the opposite direction and after the police had checked him, he moved, but a trailer which was loaded with bags of rice lost control and fell on the car.
“The truck was on top speed. The driver saw a long queue of vehicles caused by the police checkpoint. The driver did not want to ram into the vehicles on the queue and veered off the lane. That was when the car was cleared to go.
“The driver of the car saw the truck and drove into the bush. The truck driver, however, lost control and fell on the car.
“The driver of the car, his wife and two children, including a baby, were all dead by the time they were rescued from under the truck.”
He added that the victims were trapped under the truck for close to five hours before their mangled bodies were removed by rescuers.
A lady, who was said to have been given a free ride by the family, was said to have survived, but her hand was reportedly chopped while being pulled out from the wreckage.
Okunola added that some chickens inside the boot of the car survived the tragic accident and flew out when rescuers opened the boot.
The Chairman of the Non Academic Staff Union at the Osun State University, Mr. Isaiah Fayemi, who is an in-law to the Bankoles, said the family had been thrown into deep mourning since the accident happened.
He called on the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba, and the Commissioner of Police in Osun State, Mr. Abubakar Marafa, to investigate the cause of the accident and punish whoever was found culpable.
Fayemi said, “I learnt that the accident was caused by a police checkpoint. We will involve our lawyer in the case. We want the police to investigate the cause of the accident. I was told that two policemen had been arrested for the tragedy.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in Osun State, Mrs. Folasade Odoro, said investigation into the matter was ongoing.
Also, the Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps in Osun State, Mr. Mohammed Hussein, said the accident did not happen within his area of jurisdiction.
He said that the area where the accident happened fell under the jurisdiction of the Mokola Unit in Oyo State.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- This Girl Was Having Fun Twerking Her Thunderious ‘UKWU’ Until The Unexpecteed Happened (MUST WATCH)
- OMG!! SEE How Kim & Khloe Kardashian Puts Their ‘Big Butt’ On Display Rocking This Tight Outfits (PHOTOS)
- Chelsea Star, Oscar Causes Internet Storm With Photo Of Him Grabbing ‘TWO WOMEN’S BUTT’ (LOOK)
- OMG!! This Nollywood Actress Got The ‘BIGGEST BUM BUM’ I’ve Ever SEEN All My Life (LOOK)
- 11 Sensitive Spots To Touch A Woman For Intense Pleasure (£xpli’c1t Content)
- Couple Caught Doing Bad Things In The Car On Roadside Caused Massive Traffic Jam (PHOTOS)
- Another Leaked Amber Rose Na ‘k£d Photo Goes Viral Again! [Look] Rated 18+
- Boko Haram Cuts Off Hands Off Two Men Accuse Of Stealing (Video)
- S£x Tape Of English Teacher Having S£x With Teenage Student Goes Viral
- A Woman Details The Adventurous Experience She Had With WizKid
- Exposed: Club in Port Harcourt where girls take off clo’th£s to entertain guys (Video)
- OMG! SEE The Beautiful Thing Tonto Dikeh Did To Express How Much She Loves Herself (LOOK)
- Footballer Sticks His Finger Up Opponent’s BUTT In Bizarre Mid-Game Challenge (DISTURBING PHOTO)
- Amber Rose Denies Rumor Of Her Having An Affair With Chris Brown – SEE What She Said!
- Couple Caught Having S£x Inside A Bank ATM Room (Photo +
- Full Video of Sheillah and Nhlanhla having S£x in #BBAHotShots
- Ladies! 12 Tips To Help You Master That ‘BEDROOM MOVE’ Every Man Craves For (£xplicit Content)
- Africa’s Queen Of B00ty Shows Of Her Best Friend.. Who’s Got Bigger Butt? (SEE PHOTOS)
- Yvonne Nelson Wants You To Meet Her New Boo (LOOK)
- Cristiano Ronaldo Unveils ‘ Well Endowed’ Statue Of Himself (PHOTOS)
Related articles across the web