A pressure group working for the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan in the forthcoming February 14 poll, the National Unity Group (NUG), has disclosed that nine presidential candidates will step down for the president.
- 5 things you must do before marriage to prevent divorce (Must See)
- Halima Abubakar shares new raunchy pic of her exposing her private… (+Photo)
- Don Jazzy disses Dbanj… (Details)
- Guys, here are the top 4 sex positions women absolutely love and reasons why they love it
The national secretary of the group, who is a chieftain of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP), Dr Cairo Ojougboh, told newsmen in Abuja that they have been meeting with the parties on the need for them to support Jonathan.
According to Nigeria Bulletin, Ojougboh, who did not name the candidates and their parties, said the discussions with them so far had been fruitful.
He said the PDP presidential campaign was progressing satisfactorily in the northern part of the country even as he called on Nigerians not to feel intimidated but to perform their civic responsibility of voting on election days.
”We are counting on all Nigerians, northerners especially, that they should not be intimidated, they should go out and vote massively for Mr President. For this country to remain united and for the progress we are experiencing now to continue, there is the need for all to cooperate with Mr President and vote massively for the PDP,’’ he said.
Also speaking, Senator Chris Ukpabi said the group, having critically examined President Jonathan’s score cards in all sectors of the economy, was convinced that he deserved to be re-elected.
He called on all Nigerians to support his re-election bid to enable him continue with his good works.
Present at the briefing were the former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife, and his Edo State counterpart, Senator Oserheimen Osunbor, among others.
Meanwhile, the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has advised Nigerians not to vote into power people he described as persecutors.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Dbanj reveals more about Don Jazzy – This is bad!
- Photos of Amber Rose in Lagos, Nigeria as fans welcome her
- Kanye and Kim meet with Barack Obama – You won’t believe what Kanye did! (Photo)
- Beyonce carelessly exposes her privates during live performances (Photos)
- Buhari’s daughter reveals too much on Twitter – Read what she said about PDP
- 10 risks of having too much sex (Must See)
- 23 minutes sex tape of English teacher secretly recorded by her 16-year-old lover goes viral
- Exposed: Club in Port Harcourt where girls take off clo’th£s to entertain guys (Video)
- Explicit photos of the female cop performing sex acts that went viral (+Photos)
- See what Tonto Dikeh had to go through just to get a tattoo on her back (+Photo)