Hours after a suicide bomber killed almost 20 people at a motor park in Potiskum, Yobe State, a bomb blast rocked one of the busiest motor parks at Kano Line, located at Naibawa Area, along Zaria Road, residents and security officials have said.
- 10 things you must give up now if you really wanna make yourself happy
- OMG! See what was found in Lagos cinema after 50 shades of grey movie – Need to see this!
- OAU student shares pics of her iPhone 6 with nokia battery (See Photos)
- What?? See what this secondary school girl was caught doing with her boyfriend right inside the class (See Photo)
According to Premium Times, the Kano state Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has confirmed the death of 12 persons, including two suicide bombers.
The bus, marked Kano XA 592 GBT, is said to have been ready to ship the passengers to Kano State before the incident occurred.
A nursing officer at the hospital where the dead and injured were taken said on the condition of anonymity, that so far 15 bodies had been deposited at the morgue while 53 others are in critical condition.
The blast reportedly was carried out by two male suicide bombers within the ages of 15 and 16. The bomb exploded at about 15:15 with thick smokes immediately wafting towards the sky and locals fleeing for safety.
The locality of the scene of the explosion is now empty as security officials and aid workers try to evacuate wounded people to the hospital.
The victims sustained different levels of injuries “because of the busy nature of the garage”.
The authorities in the state are yet to make any statement on the incident.
“The bomber disguised as a traveller going to Kano. He even took his seat inside the car before detonating his explosive-laden vest,” the aid worker said, preferring anonymity because he is not permitted to talk on the matter.
No group has claimed responsibility for both attacks, but it was carried out in a style of the terror Boko Haram sect.
The city suffered heavy casualties when bomb blasts hit the central mosque on November. More than 120 people were killed as the incident occurred when a lot of locals gathered for Friday prayers.
Meantime, the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan vowed to take down the leader of Boko Haram sect Abubakar Shekau.
Insurgency was one of the reasons for Nigeria’s main electoral body to postpone general elections by six weeks.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Man caught making love with his boss’s wife right in her office (Photos +Video)
- Meet Wiz Khalifa’s new boo – She’s even cuter than Amber Rose (Photo + Video)
- Photo of Policeman dancing with a naked woman right inside the ‘police station’ goes viral
- 15 signs the 2 of you are simply meant to be (Must See)
- Nude pics of Nicki Minaj after sleeping with Meek Mill goes viral (See Photo)
- OMG!! These recent pictures of Serena Williams will shock you – What happened?
- Revealed: How Buhari was dragged from his sick bed in London to snap photo with Tony Blair (Photos + Tweets)
- Fans attack John Legend’s wife ‘Chrissy Teigen’ for posting this photo on instagram (+Photo)
- Was Cristiano Ronaldo paid to do this for president Jonathan? (See Photo)
- War just got interesting! Amber Rose lists out all the celebrities that has had sex with Kim Kardashian – The list will shock you!