Blessing Okagbare blast president Jonathan – Reigning African queen of the track, Blessing Okagbare has denounced the use of her image and footage by a body said to be working for President Goodluck Jonathan who is also the Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, without seeking her consent.
- 12 real signs of true love in a relationship (Must See)
- 15 types of girlfriends that you MUST avoid or will make your life hell
- You will NEVER have sex without condoms again after seeing this!
- John Legend’s wife Chrissy Teigen goes fully naked for beach shoot (+Photos)
The advertorial by GoodHouse Nigeria tagged GEJ Okagbare, which has been running on various electronic media in Nigeria and also on Youtube, the athlete said it was wrong for anyone to
use her image or footage for a presidential campaign without seeking her approval. The PUNCH verified one of such videos on YouTube which expressively had the Commonwealth Games gold medallist in action. The video details achievements made by the government especially around the Nigerian railway system.
Okagbare who confirmed her displeasure over the development via Twitter from her base in Los Angeles, USA, on Thursday said that her attention was drawn to the advertorial by friends and relatives in Nigeria about two months ago.
“I just wanted to be patient at first, but my agent is not happy because he thinks I am a woman and very far from home too.
Someone out there is using my image, footage and everything I have worked for to make money through advert and campaign without seeking my approval. If an advert is being made with my footage and I am not aware of it, it shows how some of my countrymen back home can be so selfish, disrespecting and have no regard for people’s privacy.”
Okagbare added in statement sent by her agent to The PUNCH:
“Now, I am here struggling on my own to pay my coach, nutritionist, doctor and others to make sure I am in good shape for the All African Games and the IAAF World Championship in Beijing, China, later in the year, and some people back home are using my image and footage for presidential campaign advertorial without seeking for my approval.
This is fraudulent because I am totally not in support of it. We called the people (GoodHouse Nigeria) and they denied using my image and footage for PDP presidential advertorial. Who did it then? Why are they lying?”
The star athlete told PUNCH that she was condemning the act because those involved were not doing the right thing whether for sports or business.
“It is not about financial support. It is about me and what I represent,” she said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 7 foods you need to stop eating for breakfast now if you still…
- 9 important things you didn’t know about sperm – You need to take note!
- The Kim K and Kanye West 3 way sex tape causing stir online..
- 10 hidden facts about married sex that will leave you in a big shock!
- See what bleaching has done to Cynthia Morgan (+Photos)
- 15 types of girlfriends that you MUST avoid or will make your life hell (Must See)
- Tonto Dikeh spreads her legs wide open (+Photos)
- Meet the World’s youngest mother – 5 yr old Lina who gave birth to a baby weighing 2.7kg (See Photos)
- 50 cute things to say to your girlfriend that will make her love you more!
- Nigerian woman who files for divorce because her husband penis is too long – You need to see the size!