Nigerian genius, Saheela Ibraheem, 19, made history On Thursday, February, 26, when she was honoured with an official reception in the White House by the US President, Barack Obama and the First Lady, Michelle.
- You want to have a flawless skin?? – Then go for these 10 foods now!
- 10 steps to having an OMG oral séx..
- Woman releases fluids while watching Fifty Shades Of Grey in Cinema – You need to see peoples reaction! (See Photos)
- Kim K takes off everything as she puts her ‘German Juice’ on display in another shoot for love magazine (See Photos)
Saheela Ibraheem got into the Ivy League Harvard at the age of 15, where she is currently studying neurobiology — a branch of science that studies the brain — and has been listed among the “World’s 50 Smartest Teenagers.” She was also accepted for admission by 13 other top colleges in the United States, including the MIT, Princeton, Columbia, and six Ivy League institutions, choosing Harvard, she became one of the youngest students to ever attend the university. She will be graduating in May this year.
Speaking after an introductory speech by Ibraheem at the White House, President Obama stated that “there are a lot of teenagers in the world. Saheela is like one of the 50 smartest ones. That’s pretty smart. And she’s a wonderful young lady. She’s like the State Department and the National Institute of Health all rolled into one. And we are so proud of your accomplishments and all that lies ahead of you. And you reflect our history. Young people like you inspire our future.”
Ibraheem, who skipped two grades in school, said the key to success is figuring out what you love to learn as early as possible, which she did at the young age of five.
“If you are passionate about what you do, and I am passionate about most of these things, especially with math and science, it will work out well,” she told CBS 2s Cindy Hsu. In addition, Ibraheem speaks four languages that include Arabic, Spanish and Latin.
Her mother, Shakirat Ibraheem, said her daughter has been way ahead of the academic game since kindergarten — never cutting corners and trying to do everything on her own. “She’s like always independent,” she said. “I never get to help with her homework because she’d say ‘it’s my work mommy, not yours.’”
Ibraheem’s recognition and reception was part of the “Black History Month” celebration in the US, which comes up in February. The “Black History Month”, takes root from the activities of the “Association for the Study of African American Life and History.” Every year, Americans set aside the month of February to celebrate the central role that African-Americans have played in every aspect of American life especially the march for freedom and equality, jobs and justice, the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, and some profound contributions African-Americans make in the American culture.
Present at the evening event were members of the US Congress, including Leader Nancy Pelosi, and members of the Congressional Black Caucus.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Video of couple caught making love on football pitch goes viral
- Skales shares private pics of his hot girlfriend – Skales living the life! (+Photos)
- Meet the Nigerian guy that has never been turned down by any woman – See how he looks
- LOL! This application letter from one Ibadan girl will leave you in stitches – Just Read! (+Photo)
- Leaked video of female Igbenedion University student while bathing goes viral
- This post will make you 5 times more successful instantly! (Must Read)
- Ladies, before you go spreading your legs for a married man, you need to see this!
- Man caught making love with his boss’s wife right in her office (Photos +Video)
- Man leaks video of his bestfriend pretty wife making love with a bartender (Download Video)
- Signs your boyfriend will NEVER propose marriage to you – You need to see this!