TV host fired because of Michelle Obama – Univision host Rodner Figueroa was fired Wednesday after comparing first lady Michelle Obama’s appearance to that of someone from the cast of the “Planet of the Apes.”
- Guys, how to make her orgasm in less than 8 minutes
- Halima Abubakar shares new raunchy pic exposing her privates (See Photos)
- 25 must follow relationship rules for successful love – This will help you!
- 10 drinks you’ve been drinking constantly that is killing you slowly
The Emmy-winning host was dismissed over the racist remark said during his live segment on the entertainment news show “El Gordo Y La Flaca,” HuffPost Voces first reported. Univision confirmed the news via e-mail earlier today.
Figueroa’s comment came while talking about make-up artist Paolo Ballesteros’ viral undertaking of transforming himself into female celebrities. The fashionista, known for his critical “Fashion Police”-style remarks, analyzed Ballesteros’ transformation for Michelle Obama with an original photo of the first lady beside it.
“Mind you, you know that Michelle Obama looks like she’s part of the cast of ‘Planet of the Apes,’ the film,” Figueroa said.
Host Raúl de Molina attempted to counter the comment saying he thought Obama was very attractive. The show aired live on the East Coast and was edited for the West Coast.
In addition to his appearances in “El Gordo Y La Flaca,” Figueroa co-hosted the evening gossip show “Sal Y Pimienta.” By Wednesday night, several sources informed HuffPost Voces of Figueroa’s dismissal from Univision and the network had already taken down photos of the host from the shows’ web pages.
“Vice President of Consumer and Entertainment Public Relations Ivelisse Malave confirmed in a Thursday morning email to HuffPost Voces that Figueroa had been fired due to the remarks.
Yesterday during the entertainment show “El Gordo y La Flaca,”Rodner Figueroa made comments about First Lady Michelle Obama that were completely reprehensible and in no way reflect the values or opinions of Univision. As a result, Mr. Figueroa was fired immediately.
UPDATE 3/12 6:00 p.m.: In an extensive open letter to the first lady, Figueroa offered a formal apology for what was said but explained that it had been taken out of context. He also said he was verbally notified that he was being fired because of a complaint from Michelle Obama’s office and that he felt Univision had publicly humiliated him.
Watch the moment in the video above.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- The list of top 10 poorest states in Nigeria – See which tops the list!
- 11 ways to know you are dating a Man not a Boy – Every young lady should know this!
- Photos of the gunmen that attacked Lekki and the policemen killed
- Popular Ghanaian pastor predicts what will happen to Jonathan during election – Is this good or bad?
- Guys, 6 important things you should always do after sex
- How to know if you are in love & if your lover is worth it – This will help you!
- How to stay in love forever with your lover – You need to see this!
- 15 types of girlfriends that you MUST avoid or will make your life hell (Must See)
- 7 foods you need to stop eating for breakfast now if you still…
- Ladies, 10 things you do unknowingly that frustrate your man which might ruin your relationship