2015 Elections: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has called on the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Nigerians to accept the outcome of Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections in good faith, adding that he has kept his promise by conducting a free and fair election.
- Full INEC result for Nigeria presidential election 2015 – How Buhari won
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you – All you need to know!
- See the naked picture of Tiwa Savage causing stir online [See Photos]
- Guys, 5 secrets you should never tell your girlfriend
President Jonathan, who made the call on Wednesday morning after the announcement of the results of the Presidential and National Assembly elections, urged those who feel aggrieved to follow due process based on our constitution and our electoral laws in seeking redress.
The speech reads;
“I thank you all for turning out en-masse for the March 28 General Elections.
“I promised the country free and fair elections. I have kept my word. I have also expanded the space for Nigerians to participate in the democratic process. That is one legacy I will like to see endure.
“Although some people have expressed mixed feelings about the results announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, I urge those who may feel aggrieved to follow due process based on our constitution and our electoral laws, in seeking redress.
“As I have always affirmed, nobody’s ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. The unity, stability and progress of our dear country are more important than anything else.
“I congratulate all Nigerians for successfully going through the process of the March 28th General Elections with the commendable enthusiasm and commitment that was demonstrated nationwide.
“I also commend the Security Services for their role in ensuring that the elections were mostly peaceful and violence-free.
“To my colleagues in the PDP, I thank you for your support. Today, the PDP should be celebrating rather than mourning. We have established a legacy of democratic freedom, transparency, economic growth and free and fair elections.
“For the past 16 years, we have steered the country away from ethnic and regional politics. We created a Pan-Nigerian political party and brought home to our people the realities of economic development and social transformation.
“Through patriotism and diligence, we have built the biggest and most patriotic party in Nigerian history. We must stand together as a party and look to the future with renewed optimism.
“I thank all Nigerians once again for the great opportunity I was given to lead this country and assure you that I will continue to do my best at the helm of national affairs until the end of my tenure.
“I have conveyed my personal best wishes to General Muhammadu Buhari.
“May God Almighty continue to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
I thank you all.’’
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Asari Dokubo responds to Buhari’s victory as president – See what he said!
- Ladies, 13 signs to help you know if he really likes you for more than just your body (Take Note)
- How to avoid the friend zone and make her desire you – You need to see this!
- Breaking News: Buhari wins presidential election
- Crazy things girls do to get a guy’s attention – All you need to know!
- UPDATE: 2015 presidential election results in all states (INEC Official collation)
- See how PDP rigged election in Rivers state & Akwa Ibom openly – Photos emerge!
- 10 warning signs that you are simply wasting your time on him
- 11 moves to seduce a woman and get her in bed – You need to see this!
- 13 lies women tell all the time to deceive men – Guys, its time you stop falling for them!