Obama’s message to Jonathan: US President Barack Obama has praised President Jonathan for conceding defeat in the recently held presidential election. In a statement released today, President Obama said President Jonathan through his action placed Nigeria’s interest first. The full statement below…
- Full INEC result for Nigeria presidential election 2015 – How Buhari won
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you – All you need to know!
- See the naked picture of Tiwa Savage causing stir online [See Photos]
- Guys, 5 secrets you should never tell your girlfriend
The last few days have shown the world the strength of Nigeria’s commitment to democratic principles. By turning out in large numbers and sometimes waiting all day to cast their votes, Nigerians came together to decide the future of their country peacefully. I commend President Goodluck Jonathan and President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari for their public commitments to non-violence throughout the campaign. President Jonathan has placed his country’s interests first by conceding the election and congratulating President-Elect Buhari on his victory.
I look forward to working with President Jonathan throughout the remainder of his term, and I thank him for his many years of service and his statesmanlike conduct at this critical juncture. I urge President-Elect Buhari and President Jonathan to repeat their calls to their supporters to continue to respect the election outcomes, focus on unifying the country, and together lead Nigeria through a peaceful transition. Nigeria’s Independent National Election Commission (INEC) and its Chairman, Attahiru Jega, deserve special recognition for what independent international observers have deemed a largely peaceful and orderly vote.
I commend INEC for its extensive efforts to increase the credibility and transparency of the electoral process. Looking ahead to the gubernatorial elections on April 11, it is imperative that national attention turn to ensuring isolated logistical challenges are overcome and peace is protected, even in the most hotly contested races. On behalf of the American people, I extend congratulations to the people of Nigeria and to President-Elect Buhari and look forward to continuing to work with the newly-elected government on our many shared priorities.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Asari Dokubo responds to Buhari’s victory as president – See what he said!
- Ladies, 13 signs to help you know if he really likes you for more than just your body (Take Note)
- How to avoid the friend zone and make her desire you – You need to see this!
- Breaking News: Buhari wins presidential election
- Crazy things girls do to get a guy’s attention – All you need to know!
- UPDATE: 2015 presidential election results in all states (INEC Official collation)
- See how PDP rigged election in Rivers state & Akwa Ibom openly – Photos emerge!
- 10 warning signs that you are simply wasting your time on him
- 11 moves to seduce a woman and get her in bed – You need to see this!
- 13 lies women tell all the time to deceive men – Guys, its time you stop falling for them!