What happened between Jonathan and Buhari: The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Reuben Abati, on Wednesday revealed that Jonathan, in the final moments of the election result collation, when it was clear that he would not win the 2015 presidential race, remained strong and calm.
- Full INEC result for Nigeria presidential election 2015 – How Buhari won
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you – All you need to know!
- See the naked picture of Tiwa Savage causing stir online [See Photos]
- Guys, 5 secrets you should never tell your girlfriend
He said while he and other Jonathan aides were devastated, Jonathan remained calm, thus forcing them to draw strength and direction from Jonathan.
Abati, who spoke to BBC’s Will Ross, said Jonathan called him and told him that expecting a different outcome was not feasible; therefore he should draft a concession speech.
“He summoned me and said this thing is over we have to prepare a statement and I’m going to call Gen Buhari,” Abati said.
Abati said that Jonathan emphasized that the speech must preach peace and acceptance.
He also said that Jonathan told all Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftains to accept the result in good faith and feel proud that they had succeeded in deepening Nigeria’s democracy after 16 years in power.
He said Jonathan’s statement that his ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian will be quoted for decades to come and that his statesmanship will be etched in the history books forever.
He said that all those who were fleeing out of the country or to their villages, expecting violence, will come back to peace all because one man, Jonathan, had the courage, at a very critical point, to put Nigeria first.
Abati stated that though he has no knowledge of Jonathan’s immediate or future plans, he would serve on the Council of State, reserved for all living past Presidents and Heads of State, and serve as a Nigerian and African statesman.
He said that in their time in office, Jonathan, his cabinet and all his aides, have always put the unity of Nigeria first and that they always looked to ensure that the public/Nigerian interest is protected.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Asari Dokubo responds to Buhari’s victory as president – See what he said!
- Ladies, 13 signs to help you know if he really likes you for more than just your body (Take Note)
- How to avoid the friend zone and make her desire you – You need to see this!
- Breaking News: Buhari wins presidential election
- Crazy things girls do to get a guy’s attention – All you need to know!
- UPDATE: 2015 presidential election results in all states (INEC Official collation)
- See how PDP rigged election in Rivers state & Akwa Ibom openly – Photos emerge!
- 10 warning signs that you are simply wasting your time on him
- 11 moves to seduce a woman and get her in bed – You need to see this!
- 13 lies women tell all the time to deceive men – Guys, its time you stop falling for them!