- How to start a conversation with a girl for the first time – Need to see this!
- The richest people in Nigeria and their worth (+Photos)
- The 7 sexiest places to have sex – This will help your sex life!
- Simple questions to make anyone fall in love with you – You need to see this!
- How to know your relationship is heading towards marriage
According to the Daily Post, Oyakhilome described the allegations levelled against him as “crazy” and “stupid” and urged his church members to pray for his estranged wife while speaking on Sunday evening during the monthly global communion service of the church.
Oyakhilome, who appeared visibly disturbed during his first few minutes on stage, acknowledged that divorce is un-Biblical but suggested he could consider the option should his wife insist on it.
“I heard that some media houses– especially in Nigeria, are writing some things against me. All sorts of frivolous charges, that’s crazy.
“You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God.
“The only thing you might find will be a man of God, maybe in two different kinds of ways. Moses, for example, when he struck the rock twice, he was provoked by the anger of the people. It was not because he wanted to do something against the Lord. No man of God does something against the Lord.
“Are you hearing me? A man of God is set on a course; there is a type of life that he is given. Then you have a young man, a young prophet; he wasn’t named; he was deceived by another man of God and so he went in a direction that God said ‘don’t go’.
“That is the only kind of thing you find about a man of God when he misses the message of God or he acts beyond what God said. But a man of God settles himself in the fight against the world… like those writing those stupid things about me, that I did this and I did that.
“You don’t know who a man of God is. I don’t go in that direction. I wasn’t accused of the things you said, nor did I commit those stupid things that you said and I don’t need to go into that level in such discussions”.
He recalled that Jesus passed through similar travails and eventually overcame.
He said that although so many people were making mockery of him, he would remain steadfast and not lose focus.
“Jesus Christ was accused by many– a lot of frivolous charges. There will always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations against Jesus, It didn’t change who he was. It didn’t change him.
“There are preachers and there are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God and I go in the way I’m asked to go. It may cause some troubles with individuals but that’s not because I have done something wrong and when it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to you is ‘pray for her’.
“Don’t act like those people. If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a minister to definitely be at the level of that minister and so they may be looked upon and the expectation may be like that, but it’s a positional thing.
“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible. How many of them? Who was Peter’s wife, did you ever know her name? You never find that out. Who was John’s wife? Did you ever read the name? What about all the other Apostles? How many of their names are written in the Bible? You never find their names”, he added.
At this point, one of the female pastors sought to know why the names of wives of the men of God were not found in the Bible.
Oyakhilome’s response was that she should ask God whenever she finds him.
‘“Why? You ask God when you find him. Ask God when you find him”, he exclaimed.
“So, they are little things; don’t try to make something big out of them. So when journeying, doing the things that God called us to do, Christians should not have a divorce; it shouldn’t be, but you see, that doesn’t mean a Christian may not take the step.
“They may do it but they have to make things right and we shouldn’t take one another to court. But when it happens, not that we don’t just want to go, it means someone is taking us there.
“That’s a problem, but be wise and stay focused in the word of God and don’t let those who want to feast on things like this, including Christians…
“There are Christians who like things like this; they want to make something big out of this: ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, we said it’. You said what? Judge nothing before the time. Be wise. Glory to God.
“So we are not working in sin and living in sin and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his righteousness. We walk in that light only, and that’s the way it’s gonna be”.
In April 2014, Anita Oyakhilome filed for divorce at Central Family Court, High Holborn, London, UK, citing her husband’s “unreasonable behaviour” and inappropriate relationships with members of staff, a euphemism for “adultery”.
The couple have meanwhile decided to share custody of their children. Sharon, the eldest, prefers Pastor Chris, while Charlene is presently with Anita.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Don Jazzy response to Oba Akiolu’s threat to Igbos will shock you! (Look)
- 9 successful ways to talk to a woman and make her start loving you immediately!
- Just In: Oba of Lagos releases official press statement over death to Igbos (READ)
- Miss Bumbum Brazil goes fully nude (18+ Photos)
- Revealed: How world leaders like Obama plotted Jonathan’s defeat
- Top 4 sex positions women love so much – Guys, get in here!
- Akinwumi Ambode reacts to Oba Akiolu threat to Igbos – See what he said
- 10 things women easily fall for because it’s what they always love to hear – Guys, get in here!
- How to know your relationship is heading towards marriage
- Toke Makinwa replies Oba Akiolu’s threat to Igbos – See what she said!
- 3 killer sex positions to make a any woman orgasm fast
- How to cultivate happiness even when it is so hard – This will really help you!
- Top 5 natural drinks that will help you lose weight Instantly!
- 5 things a player would NEVER tell you – Ladies, please note this!
- Ladies, 10 important things you should know about every man’s penis