Things you can do in the morning to lose weight – “Rise and shine” isn’t just something you should say in the morning to drag yourself out of bed. According to a new study from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, published in the journal PLOS ONE, actually doing it—i.e., getting up and catching a couple quick rays—may help you lose weight.
- Top 15 Celebrity photos that almost broke Instagram (+Photos)
- Top 10 liver cleansing superfoods..
- Meet the top 20 most desirable women in the world & Genevieve makes the list
- 20 ways to make your girlfriend incredibly happy!
- See the top 6 most beautiful daughters of African presidents (+Photos)
Researchers asked 54 participants, average age 30, to wear a wrist monitor that tracked their exposure to morning light for seven days straight. They also had them keep food diaries to record their caloric intake. As it turns out, the people who got more morning light had lower BMIs than those who got less—and that was regardless of their age, how active they were, and what they ate.
So, why exactly do people who soak in more morning rays weigh less? There are two possible reasons: