Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, yesterday indicted the outgoing Jonathan administration, blaming it over the poor performance of the agency.
- Signs that show if a girl is a virgin & how to know if she isn’t..
- 31 wildest and exciting sex positions you probably never tried and need to (18+ With Pics)
- The long list of celebrities Yvonne Nelson has dated & done things with [+Photos]
- 12 Ghanaian female celebrities with hot, sexy, banging bodies (+Photos)
- List of businesses that will suffer under Buhari
Speaking through the commission’s spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, the EFCC boss, blamed its inability to tackle corruption on inadequate funding from the outgoing government.
According to Uwujaren, “we are happy that the incoming government is making the fight against corruption one of its cardinal objectives. Every Nigerian is happy about that. EFCC has been doing this for more than 11 years. We are proud of what the incoming administration wants to do.
“We need an administration that will look at what we are doing and empower us sufficiently to enable us make more impact than we have ever done in the past. We welcome the focus and we believe Nigeria needs to tackle this fight more rigorously for us to make the needed impact.”
Uwujaren proudly listed series of achievements recorded by the agency in over 10 years of its existence, claiming significant progress had been made in the prosecution of former governors.
He said assets that belonged to some of ex-governors had been seized, while money running into billions of dollars had been recovered on behalf of the Nigerian government.
“It is important to recall some of the milestones achieved by the commission in the investigation, prosecution and recovery of assets of politically exposed persons, including ex-governors,” Uwujaren noted.
He denied rumours that the EFCC was involvedin corruption in regards to seized assets and frozen accounts of suspects.
– Sun News
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 6 secret words to prolong any conversation easily
- See the top 10 richest Filipino celebrities & their net worth (+Photos)
- 5 reasons why girls remain single & the mistakes they make! (Must See)
- 16 reasons why people find it so easy to take you for granted!
- Top 10 hottest Nigerian female celebs men are dying for right now! (+Photos)
- The top 30 divorce cases that really shocked Nollywood..
- 5 signs you are about to cheat [Must See]
- Exposed: The many men that have slept with Ghanaian actress Nana McBrown
- The richest people in Nigeria & their worth – See who is number 1 (+Photos)
- How to get bigger boobs naturally in few days (Look)
- Top 4 sex positions women love so much – Guys, get in here!
- Guys, How to become IRRESISTIBLE to women
- 10 Celebrities who acted porn films before making it in Hollywood- Shocking names! (+Pics)
- Top 15 Leaked celebrity photos
- 20 dirty questions to ask a girl and make her wet…