President Jonathan has been implicated in the awarding of multi-million dollars Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) contracts to two factitious firms, according to The Nation. With less than a month to hand over, President Jonathan has come under scrutiny for making last minutes appointments
- The things men really want from a relationship + How to give him what he needs!
- The 8 most dangerous Christian prayers… #5 ruined my life
- Revealed: List of people who betrayed Jonathan during presidential election
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you in no time
- Miss Zimbabwe 2015 to lose crown as her nude photos surface (Look)
The contracts in question were said to have been awarded by the president to Messrs CTOW Terminal & Marine Services and Ibejige Services Limited, two unregistered ghost companies in defiance of due process.
The controversial contracts meant for the provision of third party towage services (TPTS) at Warri and Onne ports pilotage districts have come under intense scrutiny following revelations by sources close to the Federal Ministry of Transport (FMOT) in Abuja that the award of the contracts by NPA to the two firms did not follow due process .
Added to the fact that the companies are not registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), they also do not have a known address.
Finding by The Nation, indicates that the president’s approval for the contracts was contained in a letter last year to the NPA through the Federal Ministry of Transport on August 14, 2014.
The short duration of three days in which the approval was made has also raised suspicion considering the bureaucracy that slows down such transactions.
Speaking on the controversial contract, a senior official of the NPA said: “Was the Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE) involved before the President gave his approval and the contract was awarded by NPA? What was the role of the supervising minister in this regard? Answers to these questions are very essential because if I am approving a contract to any company and my minister and the officials of the agency cannot verify for me whether the company is registered; then I don’t know what they are doing as the head of that organisation.
“If the President, who awarded the contract did not know, the Managing Director of NPA ought to seek confirmation from CAC and his head of legal department.
“With the award of this contract, the President, his minister and the sacked managing director of NPA have created a wrong impression before the in-coming administration that many other unregistered companies got multimillion dollar contracts under the out-going administration to siphon public fund.”
The controversies raised by the award of this contract appears to give credibility to the allegations by the All Progressives Congress (APC) a week ago that Goodluck Jonathan administration was involved in last last-minute looting of the nation’s resources through hurried recruitment into the public service and rushed privatisation of key financial institutions.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- The 5 most beautiful female politicians in Nigeria – See the beauties in the list!
- How to tell if a girl likes you..
- Top 10 female turn ons EVERY guy should know (Very Important)
- The 5 most handsome male politicians in Nigeria – See who is number 1! (Photos)
- 10 biggest dating turn offs for women – Take note of these!
- 12 prominent Nigerians who have refused to congratulate Buhari on his electoral victory
- 20 dirty questions to ask a girl and make her wet…
- 25 signs your boyfriend really loves you even if he doesn’t say it out loud!
- Baby girl born with 1 eye and a penis on her forehead (See Photo)
- Tonto Dikeh – Why i dont wear pants (+Photo)
- 10 things men forget to do during sex which ladies don’t like
- 10 fun sex games to play with your boyfriend in bed..
- How to get a girl horny and wet by sitting next to her
- This is the fruit that increases the sexual pleasure in you (Take Note)
- Meet the porn star with the world’s biggest boobs – Fears her illegal O-sized boobs could kill her (Photos + Video)