Aisha Buhari confesses: Our First Lady doesn’t want to be referred to as The First Lady. Strange? Read the press statement… “I am not the first Lady says the wife of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Hajia Aisha Muhammadu Buhari.
- 12 things a woman is thinking right after sex – Guys, you should see this now!
- Top 10 most corrupt countries in Africa for 2015 (+Pics)
- Top 10 countries with the most executions per year – You’ll be shocked seeing #1 (+Pics)
- Top 10 richest African presidents and their net worth (With Pictures)
I am the wife of the President and will be addressed as such going forward. With her large smile that easily lights up a room, Mrs Buhari’s sense of direction is established. Her jovial nature belies a strong personality who says what she thinks”.
Speaking at the Appreciation Dinner held last night ,June 13th at the state house , mrs Buhari shared some of the challenges experienced on the campaign trail, ensuring that she diffused a potential life threatening situation with light laughter which shows her sense of balanced perspective on the trials that come with being in the public glare. She attributed the success of the camapaign to team work and was profoundly greatful to the team , women and youth that helped vote her husband into office. She also attributed all her success and achievements to the support of the President who encouraged her to go to school even while raising 5 children where she eventually got her Master’s degree in International affairs and Strategic studies from the Nigerian Defence Acadmy NDA
“We are celebrating our victory” she said and for every victory celebration, there is a party and a party it was indeed with beautifully and fashionably women from every state in the nation across every class ably represented seated as peers.
Also in attendance was the wife of the Vice President Mrs Oludolapo Osibajo, who also celebrated the women who came en-masse to vote despite challenging situations, she regaled us with a story of the egg seller who had never flown in an airplane but was flown in for the party and was bring her eggs and how security did not allow the eggs on the plane. Mrs Osibajo told us of how Mrs Buhari had continuously spoken about the Chibok girls and how meeting with the parents was a priority.
With an agenda ,giving focus to women issues, the wife of the president wants to see more women in the legislature even from the local government level. While observing the decline of women in the legislative , a situation she hopes to help reverse; she believes empowerment from the ward level will better affect the ordinary woman on the street which was a point she highlighted in an interview with a local news station during the election campaigning.
Nicknamed ‘Gogo of Africa” by Hajia Ramatu Tijani, the APC National women’s leader gogo means ‘Caregiver”, Mrs Aisha Buhari has been described as someone who will want to share your burden, an advocate for those treated unfairly,a strong supporter of the rights of women,jovial and gentle natured , she is prepared to share her beloved husband with the rest of the world,she quips “He belogs to the whole world and he belongs to nobody”
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- EXPOSED: The criminals who made Saraki senate president are going after Buhari
- Why Ladies love confident men – Guys, make sure you see this!
- The 10 most friendly countries in the world – See which is number 1 (+Photos)
- 10 Most deadliest animals in the world (With Pictures)
- The names of those who will emerge as Buhari’s ministers..
- 10 Spectacular stunt injuries of Jackie Chan (With Pictures)
- 10 High paying jobs without bachelor’s degree
- Top 10 hottest billionaire daughters in the world (With Pictures)
- The 10 greatest NBA players of all time (With Pictures)
- Top 10 richest terrorist groups in the world – This list will leave you in a big shock! (+Photos)