Contrary to Muhammadu Buhari’s assertion that there is no office of ‘First Lady’ under Nigeria’s Constitution, Aisha Buhari is operating from the office of the First Lady inside the presidential villa, The Punch reports. Before the presidential election, Buhari was quoted as saying:
- 6 amazing facts you didn’t know about the clitoris
- Exposed: A town in Lagos where prostitutes sleep around indiscriminately (+Photos)
- Beautiful photos of actress Funke Akindele wedding to popular Nigerian singer
- The 10 most powerful militaries in the world (+Photos)
“The office of the First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them.”
Even Mrs Buhari admitted that she would act within the rule and serve according to the national legislation.
“If the office of the First Lady is constitutionally recognised, he will not tamper with it, but if it is not that’s okay.”
Aisha Buhari vowed to adopt the title of the president’s wife rather than the First Lady, unlike Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, Patience Jonathan.
However, investigations show that things have changed. Mrs Buhari is reportedly operating from the office located beside the residence and used by her predecessors. The office is said to house her personal aides, security detail and protocol officials.
Buhari’s wife is organizing luxurious events similar to those held by Mrs Jonathan. All are being carried out inside the banquet hall of the presidential villa in Abuja. They include a “thank you dinner” in honour of APC women and youths, breaking fast after the Ramadan end, a seminar for wives of state governors, among others. More projects, resembling in style the activities of the previous first ladies, are being arranged.
Zakari Yau Nadabo, director of media in the office of the wife of the president, confirmed on Thursday, August 6, the information about the planned pet project, a platform to be used to meet specific needs.
“It is not about initiating a pet project alone. The first step is to identify the area. The plan is already in the pipeline. Issues are just beginning to take shape. We do not want to rush. We want to take our time to do a careful analysis so that we can intervene in critical areas.”
Meanwhile Mrs Buhari continues her charity activities, either as the president’s wife or the First Lady. Last week she donated money to the 48 victims of the Gombe explosions which claimed about 50 lives. In another development she donated 700 cartons of milk supplement for distribution to pregnant women in Adamawa state.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- The beautiful wives of top Nigerian comedians – Who is the finest? (With Pictures)
- Top 10 richest Nigerian actors – See who is number 1! (+Photos)
- Actor Gideon Okeke slams Tonto Dikeh for getting married – See what he said!
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you – All you need to know!
- Warning: 10 types of women you should never marry – See this now!
- 6 things you must stop doing if you really want to enjoy sex
- Top Nigerian celebrities and their multimillion naira mansions – See who has the biggest (+Photos)
- 10 African countries with the most beautiful women – See which is #1 (With Pictures)
- 20 sexy text messages to start a sexy conversation
- Top Nigerian female celebrities that are virgins – You will be shocked after seeing this! (+Photos)
- The 10 types of men you should never marry – See this now!
- Top 10 Famous footballers & their celebrity look alikes – You need to see #1! (With Pictures)
- The 7 types of women who will end up wasting your time – Guys, see this!