In a recent interview with Punch, former Super Eagles defender turned pastor, Taribo West said he contacted some traditionalists aka Babalawos to make him charms which he used when he played football
- Trying to conceive a male child? Check out these 9 tips that work like magic!
- 10 awkward photos of Dbanj with female fans that shook the internet and will make you shiver
- Forbes releases top 10 richest African musicians for 2015 – Number 2 will shock you! (+Pics)
- Top 25 Nigerian celebs and their cute kids (With Photos)
“Of course yes (I was involved). I don’t know why people decline to talk about their involvement with charms. Football has to do with a lot of powers. When there are big events, you look at the stadium, you see people, fans invoking all kinds of things; magicians are there, voodooists are there. In my playing days, when I was ignorant, I used to get some mallams and babalawos (traditional doctors) to make charms for us, which we took to (national) camp. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. In some clubs, before every game, the president or leader of the club will give you a lucky charm to play with. They will tell you to put it in your boots or socks and play. It’s their superstitious belief; that it can help them win matches. There are some coaches who are connected to African magicians and soothsayers from Senegal, Burkina Faso, Zaire or even Nigeria. These people are consulted to give these coaches results of games even before the matches are played. These people see strange things and they can tell you with their magic and charms, what the outcome of a match will be. People believe and use it. It works for those who believe in it. I saw it, I experienced it, I was with players that used it and I used it. So, why are people denying it? There are charms and rituals in football. It still exists.”he said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 8 foods that keep the vagina healthy and happy – See this now!
- Top 10 African countries with the most beautiful girls – Check out Nigeria’s ranking.. (+Pics)
- Revealed: Peter Okoye’s wife and Wizkid’s girlfriend, Tania are sisters..
- 14 signs you’re dating the woman you should marry – Guys, see this NOW!
- 10 times Iyanya’s female fans got dirty with the singer on stage (With Pictures)
- 10 signs you are sleeping with or dating a mammy water – Guys, you really should see this!
- All Don Jazzy’s cars and the cost of each of them (See Photos)
- Lovely pictures of actress Chacha Ekeh and her lil angel, Kamara
- 20 Shocking facts about Game Of Thrones (With Pictures)
- 9 famous rappers who pretended to be very rich but where actually flat broke (+Photos)
- Check out Annie Idibia’s glamorous second outfit to 2Face’s fortyfied after party (See Photos)
- How Patience Jonathan blocked Aisha Buhari from movement in Abuja airport – You need to see this!