1. Aliko Dangote
Net Worth: $21.6 Billion
Rank In Nigeria: #1
Rank in Africa: #1 (#1 in 2013)
Heralded by some as the face of the new Nigeria, Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, is looking beyond cement, sugar and flour — the three commodities that built his fortune — to the oil business.
In April he announced $9 billion in financing from a consortium of local and international lenders to construct a private oil refinery and fertilizer and petrochemical complex in the country.
In August he said he would invest $1 billion in commercial rice farming and modern rice mills.
His publicly traded Dangote Cement is also grabbing new markets in Africa, with $750 million in new plants planned for Kenya and Niger.
He made his first fortune more than three decades ago when he started trading commodities with a loan from his powerful uncle.
What are your thoughts? Let us know int the comment section below
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- How to stop thinking about someone you still like [Read]
- Why guys like breasts like crazy..
- How to get a girl to like you again after she’s lost interest in you
- 15 reasons why nice guys get taken for granted & finish last all the time
- John Dumelo insults Yvonne Nelson, calls her a … – You need to see what happened!
- 30 Heart-melting love gestures EVERY WOMAN loves
- Meet the 8 most beautiful celebrities with great curves (+Photos)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already..
- How to avoid the friend zone and make her desire you..
- 20 dirty questions to ask a girl and make her wet…
- 6 Amazing facts about your n1pples – This will leave you in a big shock!
- Checkout the top ten Nollywood actresses with tattoos – See where they are tatted!
- 5 Surefire steps to a flat tummy in ONE WEEK
- The top 5 hottest Indian women in the world – See who is ranked number 1 (+Pics)