It was a mixture of coldness and disapproval from worshipers when the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) hinted his impending death. The annual Holy Ghost Congress of the church left millions of worshipers in attendance in a great shock. During the one-week programme which ended on Saturday, with a three-in-one service, (comprising anointing, communion and impartation), the man of God had a transfer of anointing.
- How to know a lady that is madly in love with you – The signs don’t lie!
- Top 10 richest Nigerian celebrities who do not flaunt their wealth on Social Media – #4 is the richest (With Pics)
- Top Nigerian celebs and the luxury cars they ride – See who has the most expensive! (+Pics)
- 10 popular female celebrities that have bleached their skin so bad! ( With Photos)
Adeboye, who will be 74 in March 2016, said he would not be too young at 73 to go back to his saviour.
While explaining the importance of transferring anointing, the man of God said the transferred anointing is always more potent than the index case, using Moses and Elijah as examples. Using the scripture, Adeboye pointed that where Moses, who got his anointing directly from God failed, Joshua, who got his fire from Moses, excelled.
He also cited the case of Prophet Elijah who performed 7 miracles while Elisha who got his anointing from Elijah when God was taking him away, performed 14 miracles. He also went further to explain how the transfer of anointing to recipients was done just when their masters were about passing away.
He said he would anoint his wife and other very senior pastors who, in turn, would anoint other pastors, from where the worshippers would experience their own anointing fire. After the explanation, he looked at the congregation and said:
“You may be wondering if I am about to go. Will it be too early for a 73-year-old man to die? If I go now, who will say it is too early? “
This got a chorus of disapproval from the new auditorium. The pastor however said: “I am not too young to die.”
Again, the crowd screamed their disapproval. To calm everyone down, Adeboye later said: “okay, it is not now (I’m not dying now).”The crowd roared a thunderous “Amen.”
His visit was geared at celebrating the 12th year anniversary of the province.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 13 Nigerian celebrities and their parents (With Pictures)
- 15 Nollywood stars you still may not know have died – This list will leave you in a big shock! (+Photos)
- Top 17 Worst celebrity wardrobe malfunctions that went viral – #17 will leave you in stitches! (See Photos)
- 10 most dangerous mistakes men make in bed – You need to see this!
- The 9 Hottest single mothers in Nollywood (With Pictures)
- The top 10 most corrupt African countries – The list will shock you & mostly Nigerians!
- See how your favourite Nigerian celebs got money and fame..
- 12 Sexy celebs whose curves you can’t stop staring at – You need to see number 1! (With Pictures)
- The richest young Ghanaians – Their money, luxury cars, houses (Pics)
- Ladies! 10 things your man should never make you do, no matter how much you love him- Be wise!!
- Top 20 Richest African countries at the moment – See how the giants have fallen!
- 31 wildest and exciting sex positions you probably never tried and need to (18+ With Pics)