Lagos robbery gang arrested in Church – Suspects deny being robbers, say they went to church to solicit transport fare – Police sources insist they were in the church to rob members – Add that prosecution would follow after investigation. Members of a notorious Lagos-based robbery gang have been arrested after reportedly trying to rob a church in Badagry area of the state.
- 14 Nigerian celebrities who were once trailed by Gay/Lesbian rumours (With Pictures)
- 5 Reasons women prefer to have sex at night..
- 8 Photos that prove makeup is witchcraft.. Unbelievable!
- Top 10 most intelligent people in the world & their IQ rating for 2015 (With Pictures)
The Punch reports that the suspected members, Sodiq Yinusa, Azeez Ajadi and Idris Abdulganiyu, were nabbed by the Area K command, Morogbo, while attempting the said act on a church in the J4 area of Seme, Badagry, during a vigil recently.
A double-barreled locally-made pistol and a toy gun were reportedly seized from the suspects and Ajadi, one of them who spoke after the arrest, denied being a member of the gang.
The 25-year-old informed that they had run out of transport fare after they visited their friend in the area, and were in the church to ‘beg’ for transport fare before the police officers picked them up.
“I am not a One Million boys’ member. The tattoos on my body are just for fashion. The two others and I went to visit our friend in the area, and we ran out of transport money. It was around 11pm.
“We were stranded and we did not know where to turn to for help. Fortunately, we saw a church holding a vigil and we decided to go there. A man was bathing in a shed near the church. We explained our plight to him. “Instead, he ran away and alerted a vigilance group that brought the police to arrest us,” Ajadi said.
Yinusa, 22, another member of the gang who was arrested by the police officers, expressed disbelief at how the policemen claimed they discovered the guns in their reports.
The Ede, Osun state-born man said:
“I do not know where the police brought these guns. I dropped out of secondary school, and I am learning a trade.
We had gone to the J4 area to see a friend, not for robbery.
“My parents are at home in Seme. They have warned me not to call them again. They are afraid of the police.”
Confirming their membership of the robbery gang, a police source informed said the trio had fled the scene before they arrived.
According to the police source,
Fatai Owoseni, the Lagos state police commissioner, in his reaction, confirmed that the suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigations were concluded.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 7 English Nigerians use everyday which doesn’t exist in the dictionary
- LADIES: 6 Valid reasons you should get married at 27 – You need to see this!
- 6 Nigerian celebrity weddings that took place overseas (With Pictures)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
- LADIES: 4 Secrets to blowing your man’s mind in bed – See this to become a pro!
- 20 Love songs that will perfectly express all your feelings..
- 10 Rich celebs you didn’t know have poor siblings (With Pictures)
- 10 Celebs you didn’t know were muslims – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 8 Lies women tell right after sex..
- See what Wizkid did to HipTV reporter after she asked about his new son (Watch Video)