IPOB’s “shocking threat” to President Buhari – IPOB issues statement on Buhari interview in Al Jazeera – The group says Buhari can kill Biafrans as he did during the 1967 to 1970 civil war, but this time, it will not be the same – Group issues “threats” to Buhari.
- Top 10 Richest men in the world for 2016 according to Forbes – See how rich they are!
- Top 10 most beautiful buildings in Lagos (With Pictures)
- 10 Shocking facts about Timaya you really need to know now (+Photos)
- LADIES: If you want to keep your man around you, STOP doing these 10 things..
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), yesterday, March 6, slammed President Muhammadu Buhari after he was quoted to have said his administration will not tolerate Biafra.
President Muhammdu Buhari in an interview with Martine Dennis of Al Jazeera in Qatar said: “Looking for Biafra after two millions people were killed, they are joking with the security and Nigeria won’t tolerate Biafra.”
But in a response to Buhari’s remark Emma Mmezu and Dr Clifford Iroanya, spokespersons of IPOB said that Biafra would also not tolerate Nigeria, Vanguard reports.
Mmezu and Iroanya who spoke for the organisation in a statement entitled “Response to Ohanaeze and Buhari’s disparaging remarks about Biafra on Al Jazeera,” said: “We wish to reiterate for record purposes that our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has not mandated Ohanaeze or any youth group to negotiate for his release.
“The agitation for Biafra is a long and arduous process and the entire IPOB family all over the world understands this approach as espoused by our detained leader.
“We have not come to merely agitate, we have come to restore or die in the process. Some people think we are joking or can be easily dissuaded from this divine path that God-Chukwu Okike Abhiama has mandated us to follow.
“Any negotiation on Biafra must be led by Nnamdi Kanu and nobody else. If roads, bridges and a few junior staff at Aso Rock are our problems as Biafrans, then IPOB worldwide can fund such infrastructural development alone and very soon, we shall do it. Our quest is Biafra- nothing more, nothing less.
“On the issue of Buhari’s Aljazeera interview on Biafra, we welcome his comments because Biafra would not also tolerate Nigeria. Lord Lugard created Nigeria not Chukwu Okike Abhiama, God Almighty. So, like USSR, it will collapse.
“We, the IPOB Worldwide have decided not to go back on the quest for restoration of Biafra. Nigeria is not bigger than USSR just as Buhari is not stronger than Michael Gobachev. Buhari can kill Biafrans as he did during the 1967 to 1970 civil war, but this time, it will not be the same.”
The declaration of the Independent Republic of Biafra in 1967 caused a civil war that resulted in the death of millions and the re-annexation of the republic to Nigeria in 1970. And following the recent demands for the Republic of Biafra, the administration of President Buhari has maintained the separation of the Biafrans and territories is against the constitution.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 7 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know are from Royal families (With Pictures)
- The luxurious lifestyle of Mikel Obi – N850m mansion, cars and.. (With Pictures)
- 20 Love songs that will perfectly express all your feelings..
- 10 most shocking deleted celebrity tweets – You won’t believe what Rihanna said about Jay Z & Bey
- 10 Questions you should ask your partner before marriage.. Very important!
- Top 10 most traveled Nigerian celebrities – See who’s number 1! (With Pictures)
- 13 Sure signs he likes you for more than just your body – See this now!
- 6 things you should never ever say to your partner during a fight..
- Amazing! See what Dencia wants to do to Unilag 5.0CGPA graduate (See Photo)
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Pics)