Oritsejafor reveals bitter truth about Nigerian pastors – Ayo Oritsejafor, the president of the Christian Association of Nigeria, has revealed that most pastors in the country are fake – Oritsejafor expressed displeasure over how ‘these men of God’ turned the church into a business centre – Speaking about the religious bill, he stressed that Governor Nasir El-Rufai had seemingly taken the wrong step
- 7 Punchlines you missed from Wizkid’s latest insult at Linda Ikeji – She will cry after seeing this! (With Pictures)
- 10 Nollywood actresses who can’t do without smoking (With Pictures)
- 13 Nigerian celebrities who totally hate Linda Ikeji and the things they’ve done to her (With Pictures)
- 20 Celebrities with natural butts that are hotter than Kim Kardashian’s (With Pictures)
Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the outgoing president of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), has revealed that most people who claim to be pastors are in reality not men of God but ‘commercially minded people’.
In a recent interview granted to The Punch, Oritsejafor has expressed displeasure over how ‘these men of God’ have turned the church into a business centre.
“The problem we have in the church is that a lot of these pastors are not men of God as they were not called. They are mercenaries, commercially minded people. The duty of the church is to preach morality not materialism and because Nigerians are very gullible; they are easy victims of deceit. They fall prey to some of these pastors or prophets of doom.
“The way they live gives a wrong impression of what should be in a church of God. There should be no room for material possessions. I am not saying a man of God should not live a life of comfort but it should be a life of good comfort; that is why kidnapping is now a common thing even in the church,” he said.
Within a short period of time, many pastors have become the victims of kidnappers or gunmen’s attacks. When asked to comment on this development, Oritsejafor said:
“It is unfortunate that we are having this kind of problem because most places of religious gathering, particularly of the Christian faith, are seemingly reducing their faith to commercials. So many people think they have money and most of them live a flamboyant lifestyle.
According to the CAN president, the church is gradually losing its moral values.
“The values are disappearing gradually. We should preach values and not materialism. I think the churches themselves should look inwards and correct the poor impression they are giving people outside that there is money in the church, whereas there is none,” he noted.
Expressing his opinion about the religious bill, Oritsejafor stressed that Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state had seemingly taken the wrong step.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 15 throwback pictures of Nigerian celebrities that will help restore your hope in life..
- 13 actual facts about the Titanic that will shock you! (With Pictures)
- Top 20 Richest pornstars in the world – See how rich they are! (With Pictures)
- 10 Romantic things to do after making love – This will make your lover love you forever!
- 13 Unpleasant things about Beyonce EVERYONE needs to know (With Pictures)
- Peter Okoye prays as his solo career starts – See what he posted!
- Top 7 richest Nigerian musicians in 2016 – This Forbes ranking will surprise you! (With Pictures)
- Nigerian female celebs that drive the most expensive cars – They’re the big ballers (With Pics)
- 7 Top Nigerian celebrities that are not university graduates (With Pictures)
- 10 Risk of having too much sex – You really need to see this!