Ex-Kogi lawmaker sentenced to 154 years in jail – The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday secured the conviction of a former member of the Kogi State House of Assembly and former Caretaker Chairman, Ogori/Magongo Local Government Area of the state, Gabriel Daudu, for a N1.4 billion fraud.
- 14 Booties that are hotter than Nicki Minaj’s #1 will make your head spin! (With Pictures)
- 5 Popular Nigerian artistes who’ve made hits from stolen songs (With Pictures)
- 15 Hot actresses who masturbated on screen (With Pictures)
- LADIES: 10 Sure signs you’re dating a chronic womanizer – Don’t let him fool you!
Daudu who was first arraigned in April 2010, was prosecuted by the EFCC on a 208 count charge bordering on money laundering and misappropriation of public funds.
Justice Inyang Ekwo, who presided over the case at a Federal High Court in Lokoja, Kogi State, found him guilty of 77 counts and sentenced him to 154 years imprisonment.
In his ruling, the trial judge, held that the prosecution proved its case beyond every reasonable doubt, and therefore sentenced Daudu to two years on each of the 77 counts to run concurrently.
Before the conviction of Daudu, prosecuting counsel, Wahab Shittu, tendered various exhibits before the court and fielded 13 witnesses to prove the case against him.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Paul Okoye reacts after he was harshly dragged over his controversial birthday post to Jude Okoye – See what he posted!
- 10 Natural ways to get rid of black spots on your face – They work like magic!
- Top 10 hottest Nigerian female celebrities guys are dying to sleep with (With Pictures)
- 5 Types of women that are very good in bed – Guys, get in here!
- See how fans reacted to Paul Okoye’s birthday message to Jude (+Pics)
- GUYS: How to keep the penis clean and healthy – See this now!
- 10 Lip-locking tips to drive your partner wild..
- 41 of the GREATEST and most powerful sex and love quotes in literature
- 15 Disgusting things women do that they’ll NEVER admit..
- 15 Parents to famous Nigerian celebrities you’ll be surprised to see (With Pictures)