Saraki finally speaks about ongoing trial – Speaking through Yusuph Olaniyonu, his special adviser on media and publicity, Saraki said the trial will not affect the activities at the red chambers of the National Assembly. This statement by Saraki was made after the chairman of the tribunal, Danladi Umar announced that the proceedings in the trial would continue on a day-to-day basis.
- 10 Signs you’re dating the wrong person – See this now an stop wasting your time!
- 21 Athletes who’ve slept with porn stars – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
- The 12 world’s richest men of all time – You won’t believe who number 1 is (+Photos)
He said: “I am the one on trial not the Senate. Even though I have been overwhelmed by the solidarity displayed by my colleagues, it is important that the work of the Senate is not unduly affected by this process.”
During the resumption of the trial on Monday, April 18, Michael Wetkas, an operative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), claimed that Saraki bought a property for N522million, which he failed to declare at the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).
He said that payment for the property situated at 17 McDonald street, Ikoyi, Lagos, was done in seven tranches.
Wetkas claimed the property was bought in the name of Tiny Tee Limited from a Presidential Implementation Committee on landed property between 2006 and 2007.
He said: “The part payment was from GTB account of Carlie Properties and Investment Ltd. There is a draft before me for N256,300,000 which was part payment for 17, Mcdonald Street, Ikoyi, Lagos.
“There is another draft before me of N12,815,000 which was part payment for 17, Mcdonald, Ikoyi.
“There is another draft of a total of N24,090,000. That total is broken down into – N20m from Zenith Bank and N4,090,000 from GTB. The total of the two are part payment for 17 Mcdonald, Ikoyi.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 11 A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men (With Pictures)
- Top Nigerian celebrities who are best of friends – You’ll be shocked! (+Photos)
- 15 Evil acts committed by big corporations you give money to (With Pictures)
- 20 Dirty secrets about ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ they don’t want you to know (With Pictures)
- The 15 sexiest celebrity couples in 2016 (With Pictures)
- Davido rants on Social Media; ”I did everything for you, you still no blow.. – See Screnshots!
- 10 Jobs No dad wants their daughter to do (With Pictures)
- 10 celebrities who are now Yvonne Nelson’s enemies – See what they did to her (+Pics)
- Top 10 cities in Nigeria with the hottest girls – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
- 8 things you NEED to know about “Cheaters”