A man claims that his dead girlfriend’s body has been locked in a freezer at his home in Hohhot, north China, since July 2013.
The man, named as Lu, says the woman’s family refuses to bury her until they are paid 300,000 Yuan (£30,000) according to Huanqiu, an affiliate of People’s Daily Online.
The freezer has been turned into a vigil for the woman, identified by her surname Cao, and the house is no longer occupied as a result
According to reports, the couple met in 2007. Although they were never legally married, they had a wedding ceremony in front of their families in 2008.
A year later, the couple had a child.
It seemed like marital bliss until 2012, when the couple began to argue.
By 2013, Cao had moved back to her parents’ home.
According to Lu, Cao’s family set up a vigil for her in his home and locked him out. They are also said to be demanding 300,000 Yuan (£30,000) before they will allow him to bury her.
However, Cao’s mother Luo claims that her daughter was abused by Lu’s mother, a claim which Lu disputes.
Cao was also diagnosed with schizophrenia following the abuse according to Luo and had to stay in hospital for 40 days.
Luo says that the families never negotiated the burial but according to their family traditions, once a daughter is married, her own family is not allowed to bury her so they decided to store her body at Lu’s house.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Photos: Actor Kenneth Okonkwo and wife welcome first child after 9 years
- 9 Nigerian music stars that want to go back to their former record label (With Pictures)
- 10 celebs you didn’t know were muslims – Number 1 will shock you!
- 24 Nigerian Musicians re-imagined as international football clubs – You really need to see this! (With Pictures)
- The 10 most shocking Nigerian celebrity transformations (Before and after pictures)
- The beautiful wives of top Nigerian comedians – Who is the finest? (With Pictures)
- 9 Nigerian celebs that suffered from depression and almost committed suicide (With Pics)
- 15 Parents to famous Nigerian celebrities you’ll be surprised to see (With Pictures)
- 20+ interesting questions to ask a girl you like and make her fall easily!
- Top 10 Romantic pictures of military weddings in Nigeria