Things you must learn before getting married – Before you got a driver’s license, you learned to drive. Before marriage, learn these 4 skills. Before someone gets a driver’s license, they take a drivers ed course, practice with the help of an experienced driver, and closely study the rulebook.
- 10 Reasons why men cheat – This is the real truth!
- 9 A-List Nigerian artistes that really don’t like themselves but pretend to (With Pictures)
- I waited until my wedding night to lose my virginity and I wish I hadn’t..
- 31 wildest and exciting sex positions you probably never tried and need to (18+ With Pics)
These are all valuable things to do, because driving without the necessary skills would make someone a menace on the roads, and a danger to themself and others.
The same thought process applies to getting married, as well. Before getting a marriagelicense, people must learn how to do the high-skills activity that partnership requires. Otherwise, couples are at risk for intense fighting, and launching a marriage that’s at risk from the outset.
Multiple research projects have clearly established that couples who learn marriage skills have the highest odds of enjoying a long-lasting and gratifying partnership. If you’re spending time and energy on a wedding, it makes sense to ensure that the marriage that follows will be a successful one.
Here are the 4 main skill ares you need:
1. Emotional self-regulation. Young children often get mad, cry, or even hit their siblings. Adults, on the other hand, mostly live their lives in the calm zone. The good news is that adults who get overly emotional, especially with anger, can learn how to overcome their anger tendencies. If you find that you raise your voice and get mad more than once every several months (or get so mad that you say and do hurtful things), you’ve got some important learning to do.