Gunmen invades Ben Murray-Bruce’s radio station – Rampaging youths have stormed Rhythm FM to beat up two executive members of the IYC and guests of a live radio programme – The youths, who were armed with guns and other dangerous weapons reportedly shot several times into the air – The mob also robbed employees of the studios of their money, mobile phones and other valuables.
- 11 more crazy pre-wedding pictures of Nigerian couples that will leave you rolling on the floor
- 20 celebrities with natural butts that are hotter than Kim Kardashian’s (With Pictures)
- Top 10 most shocking Nigerian celebrity transformation…Unbelievable! (With Pictures)
- 10 Abnormal things you never knew arouse women – Guys, make sure you see this!
The Rhythm FM radio station in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state has come under attack from armed members of the Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide (IYC).
According to the Punch, the rampaging youths stormed the studio in buses and other vehicles and beat up two executive members of the IYC and guests of a live radio programme, Talk of the Town, anchored by Lishman Onisodemuya.
The youths, who were armed with guns and other dangerous weapons reportedly shot several times into the air, forcing employees in both the radio and television studios of the Silverbird Group to scamper for safety.
The irate youths, who broke into the radio studio, interrupted the programme and dragged out the national mobilisation officer of IYC, Wisdom Ikuli, and a self-acclaimed spokesman for the council, Mike Edounkimor, who were guests of the programme.
The radio studio was temporarily shut down after listeners heard people screaming and running for cover.
Both Ikuli and Edounkimor were beaten to stupour by the youths and would have been bundled into one of the vehicles but for the intervention of riot policemen who came in at the right time.
The mob also robbed employees of the studios of their money, mobile phones and other valuables before the arrival of the police.
After the policemen arrived the scene, they arrested and handcuffed Ikuli and Edounkimor and took them to the Ekeki police station in Yenagoa.
Below are videos of kuli and Edounkimor being led to the police station:
The IYC was recently thrown into crisis following allegations by some executives that IYC president, Udengs Eradiri, and the council’s spokesman, Eric Omare, had been suspended.
But trouble started on Thursday, June 23 when Ikuli appeared on the radio programme and announced that Eradiri and Omare had been removed and warned them to stop parading themselves as the president and spokesman for the IYC.
He also announced details of the financial misconduct leveled against Eradiri on air.
Following Ikuli’s announcement on radio, youths loyal to Eradiri, who felt their leader had been slighted, reportedly mobilised and stormed the station to wreak havoc.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 Everyday things you didn’t know affects a man’s performance in bed
- 26 Weight loss tips that work immediately..
- 11 Popular Nigerian celebrities who attend Garment Church – You’ll be surprised to see this!
- 8 Silent Nigerian billionaires who keep their wealth on a low key (With Pictures)
- Top 14 Craziest pre-wedding pictures of Nigerian couples – This will leave you in stitches!
- Forbes List: Top 10 Richest African musicians right now – #2 will shock many! (With Pictures)
- 10 Celebrities who don’t like wearing bras (With Pictures)
- LADIES- 7 natural herbs that can tighten your vagina in no time
- 6 interesting facts you didn’t know about Yoruba boys
- The wealth and expensive lifestyle of Don Jazzy – See how he spends his billions! (With Pictures)