Amodu Shaibu’s son opens up – Tragedy struck at the home of ex-Super Eagles coach and Technical Director of Nigeria Football Federation, Amodu Shuaibu as he passed on in his sleep in Benin City, Edo State. His death came just days after another ex-national team coach and close friend of Amodu, Stephen Keshi, died in the same city.
- The 6 most humble Nigerian celebrities – #3 is a shy billionaire! (With Pictures)
- 15 Celebrities you forgot had passed away (With Pictures)
- 16 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know studied law (With Pictures)
- Top 25 sexiest female pornstars in the adult entertainment today! (With Pictures)
Amodu’s corpse was buried on Saturday in his hometown Okpella in Etsako East based on Muslim rites.
His eldest son, Abdul-Aziz has revealed that Amodu gave a hint of his death while they were talking.
Abdul-Aziz, a 26-year-old graduate from Igbinedion University, said, “I am getting set for the National Youth Service Corps programme this month. So, I called him (Amodu) yesterday (Friday) to discuss with him but he didn’t pick my call. He called back and told me that he was very busy. He promised to come to Okpella today (Saturday), so that we could see.
“He briefly said something about death when I asked about (Stephen) Keshi. He said Keshi was not buried immediately because he was not a Muslim. He told me that if he died he should be buried immediately. Then today, I got the news that he was dead.”
Abdul-Aziz said he was shocked when he received the news of his father’s death.
“We were not even told that he was taken to a hospital. He doesn’t fast naturally. For the past few years, he stopped fasting due to his health condition. I don’t know what happened this year that he decided to fast. When I asked him about fasting, he said he just felt like he could do it,” Abdul-Aziz added.
Speaking with Punch, Amodu’s cousin, Akuri Afegbua, said the former Eagles coach died after complaints of chest pain and his inability to get the money NFF owed him, adding that his poor financial status had made it difficult for him to take care of himself and his immediate family.
“I think he died of frustration due to his financial status. He was not paid (by the NFF). He was complaining of not being paid and had no money to maintain himself and his immediate family. I think the purpose of his being in Benin was to put in a bill for his payment, (from) both the NFF and the state government,” the cousin said.
“We were together on Friday. In the afternoon, he called to say that he was feeling some pains on the left side of his chest and he called in a doctor. The doctor checked his blood pressure; he had 140 over 100. The doctor told him it was not bad, that he could continue with his fasting,” Afegbua said.
The ex-Eagles coach was full of life on Friday when he assisted one of his uncles to secure a bail at a police station. He added that it was shocking when they found Amodu dead at about 4am on Saturday.
“Apart from his complaint of chest pains, he was perfectly okay. We came back on Saturday morning to wake him up but found him dead,” Afegbua added.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- A-List Nigerian celebrities that turned up for Noble Igwe’s wedding (With Pictures)
- #AMAA 2016: Full list of winners at the Africa Movie Academy Awards 2016
- 12 Nollywood celebrity scandals that shook the movie industry (+Photos)
- LADIES: 7 things that happen to your vagina when you stop making love..
- 5 Men Genevieve Nanji has slept with – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 11 celebrities associated with satan worshiping – This will shock many! (With Pictures)
- The 10 richest Nigerian actors – See who is number 1! (+Photos)
- 20 photos of Nigerian female celebs with and without makeup on – You need to see their real looks!
- 10 amazing facts you never knew about Majid Michel..
- Top 15 hottest Tiwa Savage moments on stage – See how she’s serving it hot! (With Pictures)