Fatigue associated with HIV may be the most under-reported symptom. Many people suffer from chronic fatigue but do not realize it is a medical condition. Chronic fatigue is tiredness that cannot be alleviated with rest. Fatigue is first reported in the flu like symptoms that accompany the early stages of HIV. Once this phase is complete, fatigue may not appear until AIDS develops.
10. Skin Rash
Skin rash is one of the most common symptoms of HIV. Called the “HIV rash”, this symptom can be seen in approximately 85% of cases. The rash may develop into blisters at the warm moist areas of the body, including genitals and facial regions. Most rashes develop on the trunk of the body. The appearance of the rash is red bumps that may itch and peel.
11. Night Sweats
As the HIV infection develops in the body, flu like symptoms can appear. One of the most annoying and notable symptoms is night sweats. The sufferer may go to bed at a good temperature, but through the night may experience widely ranging body temperatures, going from very cold to very hot quite quickly. The physical response of the body is to pour sweat to regulate the temperature. The person may wake up soaking wet and have to change their sheets and clothing.
12. Cold Sores
Cold sores can be a symptom of HIV. Cold sores are caused by the Herpes Simplex virus. It can occur as genital, rectal, or oral herpes. Anyone can be infected with herpes, regardless of their HIV status. Those who are infected with HIV and have cold sores may suffer from recurrent outbreaks of the herpes virus.
The most dangerous symptom of HIV is having none at all. Many of those infected do not know they are. This can be particularly dangerous as the person may continue to have unprotected sex, potentially spreading the disease. In 2001, it is estimated that less than 1% of the population has been tested for HIV. In South Africa, it is estimated that over 5 million people are infected. If you think you are at risk for HIV, get tested right away.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- A-List Nigerian celebrities that turned up for Noble Igwe’s wedding (With Pictures)
- #AMAA 2016: Full list of winners at the Africa Movie Academy Awards 2016
- 12 Nollywood celebrity scandals that shook the movie industry (+Photos)
- LADIES: 7 things that happen to your vagina when you stop making love..
- 5 Men Genevieve Nanji has slept with – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 11 celebrities associated with satan worshiping – This will shock many! (With Pictures)
- The 10 richest Nigerian actors – See who is number 1! (+Photos)
- 20 photos of Nigerian female celebs with and without makeup on – You need to see their real looks!
- 10 amazing facts you never knew about Majid Michel..
- Top 15 hottest Tiwa Savage moments on stage – See how she’s serving it hot! (With Pictures)