What musician said about artistes who date their managers – Following the ‘heartache’ that some Nigerian female musicians have faced as a result of having amorous relations with their managers, veteran musician Kenny Saint-Brown has decided to drop words of advice for female entertainers.
- 15 parents of Nigerian celebrities you’ll be surprised to see (With Pictures)
- 10 Nollywood actresses who can’t do without smoking (With Pictures)
- 12 unpleasant things about Beyonce EVERYONE needs to know (With Pictures)
- Top 10 Nigerian celebrities who were born rich but still work hard for themselves (With Pictures)
The ‘trend’ of musicians dating their managers obviously didn’t start with the Nigerian entertainment industry, however it seems like theirs is easier to discuss, seeing as it’s the society we happen to live in.
These relationships have either affected the artistes for good, or otherwise.
Veteran musician Kenny Saint-Best, decided to give her own opinion on female artistes who have either had affairs with their male managers, or who went on to marry them (in the case of Tiwa Savage).
Here’s what she had to say below:
“Yemi Alade is not having any challenges because her alleged romance (with her manager, Taiye Aliyu) is going fine for now. So everything is fine but once there is a fallout, there might be trouble.
In the case of Emma Nyra and Ubi Franklin; her career nose-dived because they broke up and she became a wreck emotionally. Now that she is coming back, she will have to join from the back and start all-over again.
I am disappointed Kel did not try enough after her ill-fated relationship with Clarence Peters. She showed promise and still has the talent. I understand how inconvenient it is to come up with music when you are emotionally down but people who win are those who pick themselves up and fight again. Kel should have done more than just give up on music.
Dating one’s manager as a female artiste is not a plus, rather it often ends disastrously.”
Kenny Saint Best also commended Tiwa Savage for being able to rise above all the recent issues surrounding her marriage, and forging ahead in her career.
What do you think?
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 6 lowkey celebrity love relationships in Nigerian music industry you never knew about
- 20+ interesting questions to ask a girl you like and make her fall easily!
- 5 Men Genevieve Nanji has slept with – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 5 Popular Nollywood actresses who married other women’s men – You will be surprised! (With Pictures)
- See features of Air Force One (USA presidential aircraft) – You will be amazed!!
- Top 10 Hottest Nigerian female celebrities guys are dying to sleep with (With Pictures)
- Top Nigerian celebrities who are best of friends – You’ll be shocked! (+Photos)
- 9 A-List Nigerian artistes that really don’t like themselves but pretend to (With Pictures)
- Jim Iyke shows off his “Brand new tear rubber fiancee”, sends warning to haters (See Pic)
- Mercy Johnson is pregnant again (See Photo)
Discussion about this post