About Wole Soyinka – As Wole Soyinka turns 82 today, the 1986 Nobel Laureate is being celebrated all over the country, not only in the literary circles. The literary icon whose full name is; Akinwande Oluwole “Wole” Babatunde Soyinka was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- 15 Celebrities you forgot had passed away (With Pictures)
- 16 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know studied law (With Pictures)
- Top 25 Sexiest female porn stars in the adult entertainment today (With Pictures)
- 5 Men Genevieve Nnaji has slept with – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
Here are 20 facts about him we thought to share.
1. Cars Are Not Allowed in His Forest
One strange thing about Wole Soyinka’s house apart from being located in a forest in Abeokuta, Ogun state is that he does not allow cars past a certain point. There are clear signposts instructing all to park their cars and proceed on foot. Many people find it very strange at first, but the literary icon is intent on preserving the purity of his surroundings. Here is one of the signposts