Stephen Keshi’s Funeral – The Nigerian government should take a cue form its South African counterpart on how to accord state funeral for national heroes. Former Nigeria skipper and coach Stephen Keshi was laid to rest in his village of Ilah, southern Nigeria, on Friday afternoon, but without the fanfare promised by the federal government.
- 15 Celebrities you forgot had passed away (With Pictures)
- 5 Men Genevieve Nanji has slept with – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 4 things you MUST do to become that girl every guy wants to date
- Top 10 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know are siblings (With Pictures)
Sports minister Solomon Dalung in an attempt to justify the embarrassing act said the government chose a low-key funeral because Keshi left behind a family that has to be catered for. Despite the excuse, no federal government delegate (apart from NFF executives) attended the burial.
Keshi made history in 2013, when he became the second man after Mahmoud El Gohary of Egypt to win the Africa Cup of Nations both as a player and a coach.
Here are pictures showing how South African goalkeeper and captain Senzo Meyiwa who was shot
dead during a burglary, was given a state burial by the government versus how our own national hero was buried.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 9 A-List Nigerian artistes that really don’t like themselves but pretend to (With Pictures)
- Top Nigerian celebrities who are best of friends – You’ll be shocked! (+Photos)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities who hate themselves so badly – This will shock many! (+Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebrity look alikes – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- See the beautiful wives of top Nigerian comedians – Who is the finest? (With Pictures)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
- 20 photos of Nigerian female celebs with and without makeup on – You need to see their real looks!
- SO SAD: Popular actress shot dead a day to her birthday (See Photos)
- 12 Things you should always tell the one you love… Very important!
- 15 signs the two of you are simply meant to be together..