Richest black women: With Africa having over 11 billionaires on Forbes list, these female billionaires found spots for themselves. For years Oprah Winfrey had the crown as the richest and only billionaire black woman; everything changed in 2014 with Folorunsho Alakija and Isabel dos Santos on Forbes Billionaires. A brief overview of the richest black women in the world:
- 5 Nigerian celebrities and their alleged gay partners (With Pictures)
- 10 Nollywood actresses who can’t do without smoking (With Pictures)
- 10 reasons you should stop eating instant noodles (Must See)
- 10 popular female celebrities that love bleaching – See how they are now (+Pics)
3) Folorunsho Alakija – Net Worth: $1.9 Billion (Nigerian)
Source of wealth: Fashion and Oil
The first female billionaire from Nigeria, Folorunsho Alakija made her billions from oil and fashion. She started her business in the 70s after she left her day job as a secretary to focused on her studies in fashion in England. Upon her return to Nigeria she founded Supreme Stiches, that catered fashion for women of high society. She is also the founder of Famfa oil, a company that owns substantial participating interest in OML 127, a lucrative oil block on the Agbami deep water oilfield.