Veteran actress, turned Evangelist, Eucharia Anunobi in a recent interview with The Sun, opened up on the discrimination and challenges of being a born-again christian.
- Top 10 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know are siblings (With Pictures)
- 5 things you should never disclose in a relationship – Make sure you see this!
- 13 Photos that perfectly describe Friday nights for Nigerian youths
- 7 Times Nigerian girls went completely naked in public all in the name of fashion (With Pictures)
The movie icon, who said she repented 19 years ago, told the Sun she will accept any movie roles given to her anytime, including the role of a prostitute.
The Imo state-born said, “While you are seeing me as a movie legend, all the years you have been seeing ‘act all the actable’. I am still acting because I have not left my talent.
This is my own definition of being born again. Born again means you have realised and discovered that you were living a life of sin, but now, you want to live a life that would please God.
“As an evangelist, I will still accept scripts like Ashawo (Prostitute). If they give me the one of Ashawo, I will do. But then, I’m not going to smoke, because I don’t smoke in real life, and I’m not going to drink. I can simulate, for instance, like in drinking, but then, I might not wear clothes that will reveal parts of my body.
“I can still act the role of an armed robber,” Eucharia, currently serving as an evangelist at a church in Egbeda, Lagos state said, recalling a movie she played with Patience Ozorkwo (aka Mama G), where they robbed a bank and fully armed with AK-47.
Continuing, the ‘Abuja Connection’ act talked about how her colleagues relate with her after she became born again.
She said, “I remember years ago when I gave my life to God, my colleagues were laughing at me. ‘Your mates are busy doing aristo, your mates are busy seeing governors, your mates are busy going to the clubs in Victoria Island, Ikeja, and everywhere, you sey na church you wan go’.
“They used to say that ‘something is wrong with Eucharia’. ‘Can you imagine with all her degrees, and doctorate in waiting, na to go church?’ But today, by the grace of God, where I sit they can’t sit; where I go they can’t go. I sit with governors and presidents not for aristo, and not for someone to take me to a corner of a room to sleep with me.
“I am not among the superstars they would say, ‘that one get good shape, go corner her for hotel for me’ and they come and meet you only in the night. They don’t need to take me to any corner of the room through Personal Assistant.
“They call me to the lobby of the governor or president’s chapel to pray and declare the word of God Almighty. And when I am done, they shake my hands and say, ‘lay hands on me,” the 51-year-old movie star added.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Top 7 confraternities in Nigeria and their history + beliefs (Must See)
- 7 surprising fruits that will boost your sexual performance
- Top 10 best polytechnics in Nigeria for 2015 – See which is number 1! (+Photos)
- 25 Nigerian celebs welcome 25 babies in 5 months (With Pictures)
- 11 Reasons why people cheat on their partners – #6 is so true!
- 10 Photos that Prove Timi Dakolo is the best Nigerian celebrity dad (With Pictures)
- Top 10 Nollywood stars you probably didn’t know their real names.
- Patience Ozokwor getting married to a popular Nigerian politician (See Photos)
- 8 Stunning Nigerian celebrity wedding gowns that will blow your mind away (With Pictures)
- At last, Nadia Buari steps out with her twin girls (Photo)