Olubadan of Ibadan:
The title Olubadan means “Lord of Ibadan” and it is the royal title of the king of Ibadan land. It usually takes decades to groom an Olubadan for the mantle through stages of chieftaincy promotion, thus meaning that just about any male born title-holder of the metropolitan center is a potential king. Olubadans are usually appointed from the two ruling lines to the throne, Egbe Agba (civil) and Balogun (military) on rotational basis following the death of a monarch. The 11 high chiefs that formed the Olubadan-in-council, apart from the Seriki and Iyalode, are recognised as the traditional head of each of the 11 LGs in Ibadanland. They are appointed as presidents of customary courts, who are expected to adjudicate on matrimonial, land, boundary and other communal disputes. Oba Samuel Odulana, Odugade is the current Olubadan and although the position like many other monarchical positions is now largely symbolic, the Olubadan remains a prominent figure and has influence on matters of local politics as well as question political leaders on issues such as violence, corruption and lack of true democracy in the region.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- See cute wedding pictures of Bimbo Akintola and Yemi Blaq, the hottest Nollywood couple
- Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history (With Pictures)
- 11 Nigerian entertainers who died before the age of 40 (With Pictures)
- How a mammy water almost ruined a UNILAG student – You have to see this!
- How to safely abort pregnancy naturally on your own
- 10 hottest Nigerian celebrity baby mamas (Photos)
- Nigerian female celebs that drive the most expensive cars – They’re the big ballers (With Pics)
- The 6 youngest Nigerian celebrities and their real ages! – See who’s number 1! (With Pictures)
- The Nigerian celebrities who were dis-virgined by their husbands (With Photos)
- LADIES: Before you get married to your boyfriend, make sure you do these 10 things in front of him!