Before Duterte flew to Laos for a regional summit he warned Obama not to challenge him over extrajudicial killings in the Philippines.
Obama responded by saying:
“Clearly, he’s a colorful guy.” “What I’ve instructed my team to do is talk to their Philippine counterparts to find out is this in fact a time where we can have some constructive, productive conversations.”
Duterte has been under global scrutiny over the more than 2,000 suspected drug dealers and users killed since he took office. Obama had said he planned to raise the issue in his first meeting with Duterte, but the Philippine leader insisted he was only going to listen to his own countrymen.
Duterte said of Obama as he talked to reporters in Manilla:
“You must be respectful.” “Do not just throw questions.” Using the Tagalog phrase for “son of a bitch,” he said, “Putang ina I will swear at you in that forum.”
Last month, Duterte said he didn’t mind Secretary of State John Kerry but “had a feud with his gay ambassador – son of a bitch, I’m annoyed with that guy.” He said.
Early Tuesday, National Security Council spokesman Ned Price said the meeting with Duterte was canceled.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- The top 5 largest Church auditoriums in Nigeria right now – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
- 13 African celebrity mums with the hottest bodies – See who’s number 1! (With Pictures)
- 5 Popular Nollywood actresses who married other women’s men – You will be surprised! (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- 15 Actors who almost lost their lives on set (With Pictures)
- 6 lowkey celebrity love-relationships in Nigerian music industry you never knew about
- 5 Nigerian celebrity best friends who are now arch enemies – See why their relationships crashed! (With Pictures)
- 15 Nollywood stars you still may not know have died – This list will leave you in a big shock! (+Photos)
- 11 More crazy pre-wedding pictures of Nigerian couples that will leave rolling on the floor!
- 10 things virgins discover on their wedding night..