Bible foods with healing properties – All throughout the Bible, references are made to the medicinal properties of foods and herbs. Representing health and longevity from Almighty God, the importance of diet and of preparing and eating food was oftentimes seen as a spiritual act.
- Forbes releases top 10 richest African musicians – Number 2 will shock you! (+Pics)
- 4 bad photos of 2face he doesn’t want hs fans to see..
- LADIES: 12 things a guy will do for a girl he loves, no matter what it will cost him!
- Nollywood stars you still may not know have died – This list will leave you in big shock
If you want to consume some of the most common foods mentioned for their health properties in the Bible, then try these top 10 healing foods.
Whether you eat, drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31
Top 10 Bible Foods with Healing Properties
1. Olives and Olive Oil – Then it shall come about when the Lord your God brings you into the land which He swore to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you, great and splendid cities which you did not build, and houses full of all good things which you did not fill, and hewn cisterns which you did not dig, vineyards and olive trees which you did not plant, and you eat and are satisfied. (Deuteronomy 6:10-11)
The Jews were the elite olive merchants of their day. During antiquity, this precious commodity was used for its healing capabilities, for cooking, to light lamps, for soaps, for cosmetics and even for currency. Olive oilwas considered so sacred to ancient culture that it was even used to anoint kings and priests. Hence, the Hebrew for Messiah, Moshiach, meaning “anointed one!”
Research has been conducted that proves regular consumption of olives and olive oil contributes to heart, brain skin and joint health. They have even been linked to cancer and diabetes prevention. Needless to say, this sacred foodstuff has lived up to its ancient reputation!