The pro-Biafra (IPOB)group says the Nigerian judiciary system has failed to deliver justice to the oppressed We will take Nnamdi Kanu’s case to the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) court said the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Tuesday, October 4. IPOB says the Nigerian Judiciary system will not deliver a just ruling over the case of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
- 25 sure signs your girlfriend is a wife material – See this now!
- 15 people who climbed the fence at the Zoo and what happened to them (With Pictures)
- Here are the 5 richest Nigerians according to latest Forbes List – See how much they have!
- 10 photos of Nigeria’s youngest kings teaching us how to have swag – They are ballers!
The IPOB said it is taking the continued detention without trial of its leader and Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu to ECOWAS to seek justice, since the Nigeria judiciary cannot deliver good judgment in the matter concerning his illegal detention. It also said that “the trial Judge, Mr John Tsoho did a tactical withdrawal from the case because he knew that the Federal Government of Nigeria has a bad case, and urged the Nigerian government to read the handwriting on the wall and do the honourable thing by releasing Mr Kanu and withdrawing the charges against him.” READ ALSO: Nigerian Air Force storms creek with bomber helicopter; See the result of the operation (video) According to The Vanguard, IPOB in a statement signed by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Mr Emma Powerful alleged that “the withdrawal of the trial Judge, Justice John Tsoho is also another application of delay tactics to pave way for the continued detention of Mr. Kanu and not only because he wanted to save his face from shame”, adding that “the judge is still working with the Federal Government to convict Mr. Kanu by all means”. Nnamdi kanu Nnamdi kanu IPOB’s statement read: “We IPOB and Directorate of State, DOS, IPOB, have concluded plans to take the continued illegal detention of our leader and Director of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu to the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, court to seek justice for him since the courts in Nigeria have decided not to give him justice, in order to please their masters who have written the scripts the courts are playing. “We want to tell the world that the withdrawal of the trial Judge, Mr. John Tsoho from the case is another way of continuing his detention and not only to save his name from the embarrassment he has caused himself with his role in the case. We know that he is still working with the Federal Government and Department of State Services, DSS, to convict Mr. Kanu either by hook or by crook.” Meanwhile, the traditional ruler of Yokoye kingdom in Ezeagu local government area, HRH Christopher Chukwuemeka has urged the Biafran agitators to consider other diplomatic options before considering breaking away. HRH Chukwuemeka told Vanguard that he was with the late Odumegwu Ojukwu till the war ended after which they lost the war and he travelled to the U.K to further his studies. READ ALSO: ECOWAS Court hits Nigeria with N15m fine over Dasuki (UPDATED) “I was in Nigerian army in 1960. I was a Nigerian before a Biafran. The Biafran issue should have been debated first. The mistakes of the past should not be repeated. Biafra came as a result of the hostility against the Igbo and southerners when people were being killed in the North.” In a similar vein, the agitation for the release of Nnamdi Kanu and the call for an independent Biafra state has caught the eye of some top politicians in Europe, as Julie Ward has made a plea to President Muhammadu Buhari. Ward who is a Labour Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for the North West of England gave a speech calling for the release of Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB).
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 struggles only men with big pen1es can relate to
- 10 real facts about Rita Dominic you never knew (+Photos)
- 10 romantic things to do after making love – this will make your lover love you more!
- 44 Countries Nigerian passport holders can visit without a Visa
- Top 20 bootylicious African celebrities – #1 will give you a neck turn! (+Photos)
- 15 Nollywood stars you still may not know have died – This list will leave you in a big shock! (+Photos)
- 7 Nollywood actresses who found love again after divorce and remarried (With Pictures)
- For one week, I decided to SLEEP with my boyfriend whenever he wanted (Here’s what happened)
- LADIES: 7 things that happen to your vagina when you stop making love..
- 10 things you should never put on Facebook, No matter what – You should see this now!