ECOWAS court orders FG to pay N15m to former NSA ‘Sambo Dasuki’, for unlawfully arresting him (Read)
Court orders FG to pay N15m to former NSA ‘Sambo Dasuki’ – The Court of the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, has ruled against the arrest and continued detention of former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, describing it as unlawful and arbitrary.
Delivering judgement today in a suit filed by Dasuki, the court ruled that the further arrest of Dasuki by security agents on November 4th last year after he was granted bail by a court of law, amounts to a mockery of democracy and the rule of law.
Dasuki who is currently being tried for allegedly squandering $2.1 billion arms deal fund during the last administration, had dragged the Federal government before the court to seek redress over his arrest and continued detention despite meeting his bail conditions. The court in its ruling today, ordered the Federal government to pay N15 million to Dasuki as damages.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Why my marriage crashed – ini Edo finally confesses
- How to get rid of black spots on your face in just 15 minutes
- 7 Photos of Cynthia Morgan that will give you instant head turn – Don’t look if you can’t control your self!
- 10 valid reasons why you need to stop watching porn today – You will shocked after seeing #10
- The 20 richest Nigerian actresses and their net worth – See who is #1 (+Photos)
- Top 10 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know are siblings (With Pictures)
- 11 dirty secrets women keep from men
- 5 Nigerian male celebrities who got married to older women (With Pictures)
- 11 Nigerian entertainers who died before the age of 40 (With Pictures)
- LADIES: 8 Signs your man is not making love to you, he’s just se*in’ you!