While addressing State House correspondents on Sunday, Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha said that President Buhari’s comment about his wife belonging to the kitchen was all a joke. Responding to the controversial interview Aisha Buhari granted the BBC Hausa Service, President Buhari said she was not a member of the party, stressing that she belongs to his kitchen, sitting room and “the other room”
- LADIES: Any man who doesn’t know these 6 things about you, will NEVER marry you!
- 9 Facts about blowjob that will blow your freaking mind!
- 12 Reasons why you shouldn’t buy the new iPhone 7 (With Pictures)
- LADIES: If you want to know the guy you’re dating is a husband material, as him these 4 questions!
Asked to react to the comments by the president’s wife, Okorocha said Mrs Buhari did not intend to bring down her husband’s government, adding that his own wife too sometimes joins his commissioners and other staff in condemning some of his actions.
“This is the time that all Nigerians, irrespective of political party, religion or culture, must come together to see what we can do to salvage the situation and to build the Nigeria of our collective hope and aspiration. This is what we must emphasise at this time, and we don’t need any form of distraction whatsoever at this time. We should support President Muhammadu Buhari to achieve these three key things–economy, security and power and fight against corruption so that we can make headway. I think we’re beginning to see light at the dark end of the tunnel.
“What’s now trending in the social media, the comment of Mr. President and interview of his wife; I was there [in Germany] when Mr. President made the comment. I think both the interview and the comment were taken out of context. I can understand why the international community speaks on this matter because of human rights and all that’s going on around the whole world. I tend to believe that Nigerians should understand this matter, because I don’t think those were the intentions as being described in social media and those condemning the act. I can put it this way that it’s a joke taken too far outside the shores of Nigeria.
“If you’ve been with the president and where he cracks jokes, you’d understand that it could be his style of jokes because even when he was responding [to Aisha’s interview], he was smiling, I don’t think the meaning given to it is what it is. If not, why would he have his five daughters having masters and Phd and his wife educated and putting women in key positions in the country, I don’t think it is. Aisha Buhari who granted the interview didn’t give that interview to bring down her husband’s government. She was only trying to make peace among perceived aggrieved members in the polity.
“I have situations where my wife joins commissioners and my workers to condemn what I do. That does not mean she is fighting me, rather a bridge of peace between me and them. I’d have loved to make further comments if I do not see President Buhari and his wife having nice time, then, it means there’s a quarrel between the two; but I’m sure that as we’re hitting our heads with each other on what they’ve said, they’re there having a nice time”
Source: Daily Trust
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 Ways Abuja big boys are fake than other Nigerian big boys (With Pictures)
- 13 Reasons The Kardashians would be nothing without Ray J (With Pictures)
- 15 Shockings facts about Oprah Winfrey (With Pictures)
- Lil Kesh shares new photos with scars on his face, fans call him cultist! (See Photos)
- LADIES: 13 Occasions when you should wear thongs
- 6 Times Mercy Aigbe slayed on the streets of London (With Pictures)
- 12 Celebrities who are hotter than Selena Gomez (With Pictures)
- The long list of hot women Drake has slept with.. Shocking names! (With Pictures)
- 17 Pictures that perfectly describes the job of a Nigerian Police – this swill leave you rolling on the floor!
- Amber Rose reveals her love for masturbation and how it has been helping her- You need to see this!