1. Edir Macedo – $1 Billion
He is currently the richest religious leader in the entire world and his bank account outranks many super-successful corporate businessman. Edir Macedo was born and raised Catholic but in 1970 began to follow Pentecostal teachings. He later started Kingdom of God ministry in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and soon saw increased donations which strengthened the church’s empire.
The prosperity preacher also makes his money as the owner of the second largest television network in Brazil and used money from the church to buy 40 radio stations, 23 TV stations, newspapers, a health insurance company, and an airline- all of which aid in bringing in major bank for Macedo. That doesn’t even count the $2 billion that is donated to the church from around the world every year.
He’s been accused of laundering millions of dollars in the U.S. to a fake charity that was really sending money over to Brazil and has been investigated on a number of occasions. Authorities can’t help but question how a ministry that’s been around for only 30 years has been able to collect such a strong fortune.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 16 Nigerian music stars who can get white collar jobs with their university degrees… You’ll be surprised! (With Pictures)
- EXCLUSIVE: Part 3 of Miss Anambra le*bian acts video… Dirtier than the first 2 videos!
- Top 10 richest countries in Africa – #6 and #1 will surprise you + see Nigeria’s new position
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- Meet the 20 richest Nigerian musicians as Davido tops Wizkid (+Photos)
- The 7 worst dressed Nigerian celebrities of all time – #3 will leave you in stitches! (With Pictures)
- Meet the richest students in UNILAG
- If someone really loves you, they’ll do these 6 things!
- 12 unpleasant things about Beyonce EVERYONE needs to know (With Pictures)
- Top 14 craziest pre-wedding pictures of Nigerian couples – This will leave you in stitches!