Fresh $175 million found in Patience Jonathan’s account – Ex-first lady, Patience Jonathan is in another trouble as anti-graft agency, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have traced a whopping $175m to an account linked to Mrs Jonathan -But here is another problem; the money has been withdrawn without traces.
- Top 5 richest Nigerian musicians in 2016 – the money in their bank accounts will shock you!
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- 5 Nigerian Comedians that you never knew hate themselves so much (With Pictures)
- If you see these 13 symptoms, do an HIV test immediately
-The deposits are different from the $15.5million earlier traced to the ex-First Lady which made the agency place No Debit Order on four accounts.
Ex-first lady, Patience Jonathan is in another trouble as anti-graft agency, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have traced a whopping $175m to an account linked to Mrs Jonathan.
But here is another problem; the money has been withdrawn without traces. The deposits are different from the $15.5million earlier traced to the ex-First Lady which made the agency place No Debit Order on four accounts.
According to a report by The Nation newspaper, the deposits were found in the account of Pluto Property and Investment Limited, one of the firms linked to Mrs. Jonathan.
EFCC detectives discovered that the account was opened on November 30, 2013 by Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited with number 2110002238.
The company was registered on January 29, 2013 with RC 1092722. The “strange” deposits came within 14 months.
The deposits are: 21/2/2014—$46,500,000; 24/2/2014—$31,000,000; 31/3/2015—$49,250,000; 1/4/ 2015—$49,000,000
The source said: “All the deposits were in cash, a development which showed that it was a pure case of money laundering.
“On the 21st of February, the account was reported to have recorded a cash deposit of $46,500,000 by the General Manager of Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited , Toru Wonyeng Ibuomo.
“Three days after(24th of February, 2014), another cash deposit of $31,000,000 was made by the same General Manager.
“Friday Davies made a cash deposit of $49,250,000 into the same account. The last tranche of $49,000,000 was deposited by Davies on Apri 1, 2015.”
The report claimed that the EFCC was on the trail of Ibuomo and Davies.
“We need the two depositors to assist in the ongoing investigation of the payments into the affected account.
“It is more curious when the bank details did not show evidence of withdrawals. Yet the whereabouts of the cash was unknown. We hope it is not a private banking arrangement to hide slush funds.”
It was gathered that the EFCC would probe the likely roles of the former First Lady in operating the account of Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited.
“In a matter before the Federal High Court, the ex-First Lady admitted that one of her domiciliary accounts was bearing Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited.
“We are investigating this $175.750million deposits and the extent of the involvement or relationship of the ex-First Lady with the funds. This is a fresh case; it has nothing to do with the $15.5million frozen by the EFCC.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 11 facts about Donald Trump’s presidential armored car – He cannot be killed in this BEAST (Photos)
- HILARIOUS names of churches you will only find in Nigeria – I bet you won’t stop laughing! (Photos)
- 8 Donald Trump quotes that make Nigerian really pity Americans
- 5 Nigerian celebrity best friends who are now arch enemies – See why their relationships crashed! (With Pictures)
- 16 Photos US President-elect ‘Donald Trump’ is hiding from the world
- The 10 most expensive cultures to marry from in Nigeria – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
- The most beautiful Nollywood actresses right now – See who’s number 1! (With Pictures)
- 6 easy ways to get taller even after the age of 18 – Dont give up just yet!!
- 12 Popular Yoruba actors you didn’t know are Non-Yoruba – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)