Akolade Arowolo – Pastor Akolade Arowolo has been sentenced to death – The clergyman was sentenced following a hearing on the charge of murder leveled against him – Arowolo reportedly stabbed his wife severally till she bled to death. A youth pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Akolade Arowolo, has been sentenced to die by hanging for the murder of his banker wife, Titilayo.
- 9 Countries where Nigerians can easily get permanent residency – #2 will shock you!
- 13 Dark secrets Melania Trump is hiding from the world – You really need to see this! (With Pictures)
- 12 People who confessed to terrible crimes they committed on their death bed – this will make you shiver!
- Ladies! 10 things your man should never make you do, no matter how much you love him – Be wise!!
Titilayo worked with Skye bank, whilst her husband was employed. Prosecutors were able to present compelling evidence that led to the conviction of Mr Arowolo and his sentencing by Justice Lateefat Okunu of the Ikeja High Court, he was handed a death sentence.
Justice Okunu held in her over three hours judgment that evidence before the court proved that Arowolo actually murdered his wife in their matrimonial home.
Testimony in the form of a forensic report from Prof. John Oladapo Obafunwa, a pathologist, was what the court used to determine that there was no way the deceased could have stabbed herself to death.
Immediately after the judgment, Arowolo fell down in the dock and started shouting “Jesus have mercy.”
PM News reports that Prof Obafunwa testified that his autopsy report revealed that Titilayo was killed through 76 knife stab wounds.
He noted that the knife wounds affected Titilayo’s left eye, right eye, upper chest area, right chest and collar bone.
Prof. Obafunwa pointed out in his testimony that the deceased could not have inflicted such wounds on herself.
To further prove its case, prosecution invited some of Titilayo’s family members who testified that Arowolo and Titilayo had always had a troubled marriage.
The family members included Titilayo’s father, George Oyakhire; sister, Ijeh and mother-in-law, Mrs Adetoun Yeside Oyakhire.
The three witnesses testified that the couple lived a cat and mouse life. They claimed that the family had at several times, settled serious fights between the couple. None of the witnesses however saw what actually happened on the day Titilayo died.
The Herald reports that Arowolo’s co-tenant, Adewale Adeyemi also gave evidence in the case.
Adeyemi in his evidence said that on the day of the incident he heard a loud noise when he was in his apartment and later saw Arowolo rushing out with a deep cut in his palms.
He claimed to have also seen a hammer and a knife with a broken handle in the yard. Other witnesses such a the security man at the Arowolos’ residence, Investigating Police Officer and an MTN Staff also gave evidence in the case.
Having presented its case, the burden was shifted on Arowolo to defend himself. Expectedly, Arowolo had his personal explanation as to what happened on the day Titilayo died. First, he claimed that he and his deceased wife had passionate sex for two hours and kissed on the same day she died.
He claimed that Titi stabbed herself to death on the day after they had a fight.
Arowolo claimed that Titilayo was possessed by an evil spirit and inflicted several stab wounds on him before turning to herself.
Arowolo’s father, Mudashiru and mother also testified of their son’s good behavior, insisting he could not have killed his wife. They claimed that he has always been a religious person and was incapable of killing anybody.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Top 10 richest pastors in the world and their networth (2016) – TB Joshua, Adeboye and Oyakhilome all make list
- 8 Nigerian celebs who’ve slept in jail – You’ll be surprised to see this!
- 7 Nigerian universities built by Churches and their outrageous fees only the rich can afford! (With Pictures)
- 40 fun questions to ask your partner while chatting
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- 6 easy ways to get taller even after the age of 18 – Dont give up just yet!!
- 15 scary things you didn’t know about “El Chapo” Guzman, the notorious Mexican drug lord
- 4 Nigerian billionaires driving the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Pictures)
- 13 Shocking facts about the White House they don’t want you to know (With Pictures)
- Top 6 Nigerian banks and how much they pay their staffs monthly – See which is number 1!