Mustapha opens up about loyalty to Sani Abacha – Major Hamza Al-Mustapha insisted that his role during Abacha’s administration was to offer protection – He denied killing Kudirat Abiola as widely speculated – The former military officers urged Nigerians o work together for progress.
- 6 Nigerian celebs that may be affected by Donald Trump’s presidential election win (+Photos)
- 12 Shocking things you won’t believe celebs do to look fabulous (With Pictures)
- 11 Smoking hot photos of Melenia Trump, America’s new first lady – You just can’t stop staring!
- 10 Times people got stuck while having sex – This will leave you in stitches! (With Pictures)
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha has spoken about the death of Kudirat Abiola and has denied his involvement in her demise.
Al-Mustapha served as the chief security officer to the late General Sani Abacha and has been linked to the death of the wife of Moshood Abiola the winner of the presidential election in 199 which was later annulled by General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.
Vanguard reports that Al-Mustapha spoke at the Dr. Fredrick Fasehun annual public lecture in Akure on Wednesday, November 9 where he exonerated himself of the death of Kudirat.
He said: “I am often misrepresented, I discharge my duties as required which was to protect the Head of State, protect the government and the people of the country.
“Anything aside that would have made me a traitor and I was never a traitor, I am not a traitor and will never be a traitor.’’
The former military officer called on all Nigerians irrespective of political affiliation to come together for a better Nigeria.
He said: “There is so much turbulence, greed and selfishness. We take two steps forward, four steps backward.
”My concern is patriotism and true love for the country our desire is to invest and allow our institutions to stay rather than forcing them into decay. That is what we should be cautious about.
“Those in leadership and those being led particularly those who have attained statesmanship position should understand there is heavier responsibility on their shoulder and they should realize that this country is too important to be allowed to fail. We must support all those in power.’’
He also spoke about the anti-corruption was championed by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari and described it as difficult.
He said: “Anti corruption war is not easy as it is being said, we saw it in the past administrations.
“But before you start the anti corruption war itself, there are measures to take. One is to heal the wounds; two, corruption has eaten deep so it is going to be a combination of many things, moral law, science and force.
“The law should be seen to be enforced, ensuring the right of man and those who are enforcing it should also realize that the right of man must be respected.
“And those who are stealing should realize law is hot water, if you dare put your hand in hot water, you will get burnt and when it is burnt you have no one to blame. This is where we are and this must be done.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 12 Heart-warming things Donald Trump said after winning the presidential election
- Lil Kesh in fresh fight with Olamide – See what happened!
- Here are the list of phones that will only be supported by Whatsapp by December 2016
- Full list of nominees for Headies Award 2016
- 25 Times celebrities went drunk – these photos will leave you in sticthes!
- 9 Major reasons why Nigerian girls pretend they don’t like sex
- The 5 most dreaded prisons in Nigeria – You need to see #1! (With Pictures)
- GUYS: If you love your penis, stay away from these 6 foods!
- HIV Aids in Hollywood: 21 celebrities you didn’t know were HIV positive (With Pictures)
- Nigerians call out Prophet TB Joshua over Hilary Clinton win prediction – this will leave you rolling on the floor! (+Pics)