Signs the guy you’re dating is emotionally unavailable – Tread carefully. A soulmate must be willing and available to have a relationship with you. If he or she is unavailable this is not your soulmate at the present time. A confusing part of being attracted to emotionally unavailable, commitment-phobic people is that the emotional or sexual chemistry can feel so strong.
- 15 Nollywood stars you still may not know have died – This list will leave you in a big shock! (+Photos)
- 31 wildest and exciting sex positions you probably never tried and need to (18+ With Pics)
- Forbes releases top 10 richest African musicians – Number 2 will shock you! (+Pics)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
You accept behavior that you’d never tolerate in friends. Why? The electricity can feel so incredible and rare, you mistake intensity for intimacy. You make compromises you wouldn’t typically consider in order to give the relationship a chance. Still, connection or not, you must take a sober look to determine if someone is truly available for intimacy or if they are emotionally unavailable.
Hear this: Not everyone you feel a connection with, no matter how mind-blowing, is your soulmate. You can fall for someone who is totally wrong for you, as unfair and confounding as that reality can be.
For a relationship to work, a soul connection must go both ways. Even if the intuitive bond you feel is authentic, it can remain unrealized. Just because someone might have been your soulmate in previous eras, it doesn’t mean he or she is right for you today.
Perhaps the person can’t or won’t reciprocate or is simply oblivious, a frustrating irony you must accept. Don’t put your life on hold for unrequited longing. Love that is destined can never be stopped.
Meanwhile, keep your options open. How do you avoid getting entangled in dead-end or delusional relationships where you see someone in terms of how you wish them to be, not who they are?
To start, here are some red flags to watch for. Even one sign warns you to be careful. The more that are present, the more danger exists.
1. They are married or in a relationship with someone else.
2. They can’t commit to you or have feared commitment in past relationships.
3. They have one foot on the gas pedal, one foot on the break.
4. They are emotionally distant, shut down, or can’t deal with conflict.
5. They’re mainly interested in sex, not relating emotionally or spiritually.
6. They are practicing alcoholics, sex addicts, or substance abusers.
7. They prefer long-distance relationships, emails, texting, or don’t introduce you to their friends and family.