FG releases N471.8 million for payment of Super Falcons – The Federal Government, following orders from President Buhari, today released the sum of N471.8 million to pay the Super Falcons and Super Eagles following their AWCON 2016 win and 2018 World cup qualifiers respectively.
What almost turned to a national embarrassment after the Falcons players protested in Abuja on Wednesday following their 2016 African Women’s Cup of Nations win in Yaounde, has now been resolved as the office of the Accountant General of the Federation released the mandate to Central Bank of Nigeria for payment of naira equivalent of US$1,173,820.00 at N305/$ to Nigeria Football Federation.
Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, approved the payment, which is a sum of N358 million for the Super Falcons while the sum of N113.8 million has also been released by the Office of Accountant General of the Federation for the Super Eagles. The players will be paid today, Friday.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 6 Reasons Nigerian men are scared of all Calabar girls (With Pictures)
- 12 things you can only see in Dubai (With Pictures)
- LADIES: If you do these 9 things, No man can ever play you!
- For one week, I decided to SLEEP with my boyfriend whenever he wanted (Here’s what happened)
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- 5 things every virgin should know – No one will ever tell you this!
- 7 Photos of Cynthia Morgan that will give you instant head turn – Don’t look if you can’t control your self!
- LADIES: 10 things men are dying to hear you say when making love – Blow his mind with your words!
- Top 10 Nigerian celebrities you didn’t know are siblings (With Pictures)
- Top 5 richest Nigerian musicians in 2016 – the money in their bank accounts will shock you!