EFCC seizes: The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has impounded a N948million aircraft allegedly belonging to former Borno State governor and PDP factional chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff. According to The Nation, the aircraft was seized on Monday at the Maiduguri International Airport along with two other private jets under surveillance at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja.
- 10 Hollywood celebrities who have weird body parts – You need to see this (With Pictures)
- 15 times Katy Perry showed more than she should have – Don’t open if you’re fasting (With Pictures)
- 12 celebrities you didn’t know were lesbians, bisexuals and gays – This will shock you (With Pictures)
- Remember the Nigeria versus India match everyone talks about? Here’s all you need to know about it
The grounding of the three aircraft is part of the ongoing investigation which traced some looted funds by some former political office holders to the purchase of private jets.
“We impounded the Dornier 328 on Monday following suspicion in the manner in which it was acquired,” said an EFCC source.
“Our detectives are working on clues that the aircraft belongs to a former governor of Borno State but it is being used by a front. We are already looking into relevant records; we want to establish who actually owns it. We are tracking how and when the aircraft was bought, where it was purchased, the mode of payment and the sources of funds. This is definitely an international transaction; it is easier to trace the inflows and outflows from any account.”
“There are also some petitions containing allegations against the former governor concerning the aircraft and some public funds. If the aircraft cannot be identified with the ex-governor, the EFCC will release it to the beneficial owner.”
“It is a clean business. Since I graduated from school, I have been working in the aviation sector.”
“The movement of the jets is presently restricted until the conclusion of our ongoing probe. All relevant agencies in the aviation industry are collaborating with us on these two jets. We are working on information made available to EFCC that they were bought with looted funds,” a source said.
Photo credit: Liberty Badmus
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
- Alaba International market biggest business man, Daniel Okwuchukwu and wife die in an accident (Photos)
- 9 bizzare underwater discoveries that will make you shiver to the marrow (See Photos)
- 25 most evil people in history of the world – #5 was an African and a beast! (With Photos)
- 10 Funny pictures that perfectly describes life in Africa – This will crack your ribs!
- If you are studying any of these courses in Nigerian Universities, you are not in school – NUC
- 7 sure ways to know if your boyfriend will be rich in future..
- 10 easy ways to get rid of black knuckles, elbows and knees – This will cost you nothing (With Pictures)