Many air passengers have narrowly escaped tragic death after the pilot of their aircraft passed out during the flight. Miroslav Gronych, a pilot who reportedly passed out in the cockpit of a Boeing 737 in Canada, has been arrested on suspicion of being drunk. According to Police in Calgary, Gronych was “behaving oddly before he became unconscious in the cockpit” on Saturday.
- 10 female celebrities who don’t wear underwears – Don’t open this list if you cant handle it (With Pictures)
- 5 unbelievable things females do after unprotected s*x to avoid getting pregnant
- 10 Nigerian tourist centers that are better than going to Dubai – You never knew about these places (+Pics)
- Pastor E. A Adeboye releases 9 prophecies for 2017
CNN reports that the plane was carrying 99 passengers and six crew members and was flying to Regina, before heading to Winnipeg and Cacun in Mexico.
Gronych, 37, was charged with having control of an aircraft while impaired.
“Initial tests conducted by police indicate the pilot was severely impaired by alcohol,” police said in a statement.
Budget airline, Sunwing, has sicne apologized for their pilot’s behaviour and commended the rest of the crew for dealing with a “very unfortunate matter.”
The airline statement reads: “Dear Customers, we will like to take the opportunity to advise you of an incident that occurred earlier this morning.
“We can confirm that shortly before 7 a.m. local time, the gate agents, first officer and crew of Sunwing flight 595, departing from Calgary and destined for Cancun, determined that the Captain was unfit to fly and reported this accordingly.
“The Captain was immediately escorted off of the aircraft and the incident is now under investigation with local authorities.
“We are very appreciative of our crew’s diligence in handling this very unfortunate matter in accordance with procedures.
“We were able to secure a new Captain and are pleased to report that our customers are now en route to their destination after experiencing a minimal delay.
“We are very apologetic for any upset that this has caused and would like to assure our customers that safety remains our utmost priority”.
Sunwing said the plane took off a short time after with a different pilot.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
- LADIES: 7 things that happen to your vag*na when you stop making love..
- 9 bad pictures of Nigerian celebrities they don’t want their fans to ever see again
- How to approach a lady in public and win her heart
- 3 youngest billionaires in Nigeria today – #1 is the biggest in Lagos Island (With Photos)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 9 Countries where Nigerians can easily get permanent residency – #2 will shock you!
- Top 10 richest musicians in the world & their net worth – See the first Nigerian on the list (With Photos)